Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all.
Here in advance, is my MOST SINCERE apology for such an extreemly VULGAR question!
I recently was in an argument with one of my best and oldest friends about the highest price -value-etc for a classic Ferrari.
I was under the impression that the 250GTO (39 built) is/was the highest price fetching. My friend maintains it is the 250 GT California Spyder(108 built). I am not interested in the amount (doesn't concern me) only which one is higher.
Can anyone help please?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Certainly the GTO, there are also a few other models that can fetch a price in the GTO range, but I don't think the California Spyder is one. The race cars have history and therefore get a premium.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It's definitely the GTO. A 1961 250GTO was sold at an auction for 20million Euros.

Other most expensive Ferraris sold :

1961 250 GT SWB California Spider - $10.8million

1962 330 TRI/LM Testa Rossa Spider - $9.2million

Attachments

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
One of the most valuable and rarest of the Ferrari's is the 1958 412S that sold at RM Auctions in Monterey in August, 2006, for $5.5 million. There were only 3-4 built, and this one had all the matching #'s as well as having been driven by Phil Hill and Ritchie Ginther.

A Calif spider sold in Maranello in May for $10 mil but that was an anomaly.

There are a few other rare models as well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Airdog if your friend thinks the california is worth more than the 250GTO sounds like your friend doesn't know much about Ferrari's

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Well, not sure of the price wars in that one sometimes pays too high just because, well, they can and want to ...thinking B Jackson here and some examples of a lousy VW going in the six figures :yikes: :freak:

Here is a copy of an older price list I find to not be far off.
[submitted without permission from Cavallino]

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts