Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over here in UK today we are having unnaturally stormy weather. The story goes on, that my next door neighbours are having work done to their house and have a full skip of building materials outside the front of it. The discarded top of a tool box has just blown off the skip and smacked my 355 scratching the door.

We dont particularly get on with these neighbours. I am seething. I will take my car to the guy that washes it once a week and pray for a t cut miracle tommorrow.

Should I remove a brick and put it through the windscreen of my neighbours car or am I overreacting ?

Someone say something to cheer me up. :cry:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Richard
You are overreacting.
OK granted it hurts to see your 355 get hurt like that
The guy couldn't help it.
It's not his fault that it is storming and besides the workers at his place should have tightend there gear up better.
Talk to the foreman and tell him you want the damaged fixed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Richard!!

Why can't more UK Ferrari owners get onto the Web??? - I wish they would.
You're right - the weather was faintly ridiculous this whole weekend - unbelieveable gales the whole of Saturday night and most of Sunday.
Richard - forget it mate - what you have to ask yourself is - was it my neigbours fault - NO.
It was the fault of the weather!
My friends 355 had a some serious scratching on the back of the front-wheelarch - although he bought the car from Graypaul, (he lives in London), he went to Maranello Sales and they gave him a little "touch-up" paint for free.
It may be worth a try.
What part of London are you from - I'm from up Stanmore way!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
If it makes you feel better, here in Belgium it was also storming, this was the baddest storm in 12 years.
I even got hurt, i'm in a plaster (spelling??? can't think of the exact english word now) on my foot now, and have to ly down for at least a week

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scratches

Dirk - sorry to hear about your foot mate. I know how much you love driving - you will be climbing the walls whilst you're hobbling around with boredom.

The 355 was on the drive cos I don't have a garage. To be fair getting a big enough garage for a ferrari in London is almost impossible and land is a premium over here. So if you want the car you have to take the risk. Ive got cctv all over the place so it isnt too much of a problem. Mind you it breaks my heart everytime it rains. Which is quite often. :roll:

Anyway Im learning to forgive my neighbour (yeh i know its not really his fault blah blah). But why his skip and my car eh - it could be a conspiracy. LOL

Im in Kew Manu and Im always on the south circular in a red 355 GTB F1 driving slowly cos you can only ever go slowly in London.

Going to my detailer now to try to sort it out - I'll report the good/bad news later :)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I didn't really brake my foot, well it happened last night
I went to the gasstation to fill up my car, so that i didn't had to bother to look for one tomorrow during work, and i was getting back into my car when due to the heavy wind my door slammed shut, but my foot was still between the car and the door, i got hit on the ancle. So i thought it will be better in the morning, boy was i WRONG :eek: :cry: .
So my mother took me to the hospital this morning, and after scans they told me that i had a small fracture in the back of my ancle and also my achillespees (in english it's about the same i thhink :-? ) got hurt to, so inmeddialty in a plaster (is this correct??) and next week tuesday i have to go back for a chek-up. In the worst case i get a new one for max 4-5 weeks :eek: .
The doc told me that if i had waited a week and kept an walking that i would have risked a serious infection and that would have been really bad.
And yes Richard it's been about 6-7 hours now and i'm already going nuts.
Even sitting behind my pc is annoying, i got this little bench unther my table now to rest my foot on

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dirk,

So you are in a plaster cast?? Your very fortunate that you didn't tear your achilles tendon...that would have sucked big time :eek: . But still, 4-5 weeks in a cast is going to suck anyway.... :-?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
achilles tendon that's it, it got hit a bit, that hearted like hell.
But i already teared it once on my other food.
I swear it, make sure that it never happens, i had problems with it for a few years :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
DJ - I feel for you mate - that is really bad luck - miserable weather. Hope you get better sooN!

Hey Richard - the South Circular is just about the most miserable route in the entire world. I remember making a trip to Macaris in Wandsworth and I literally almost killed myself in frustration - it took me hours. I thought it would be a proper A-road like the North Circ - I was WRONG!!

Cheer up fellas - it's not all bad!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi Dirk,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune (both the foot and the ticket) but see it on the bright side: You will definately not receive a speeding ticket the first week :)

Niels

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
South circular blues

Hi Manu

There is one worse route than the South circular and thats the Edgeware Road from West Hendon going through Burnt Oak to Edgeware. I did this yesterday on the way to my accountant's office and can report that this piece of road is the slowest, ugliest, smelliest part of the planet. I didn't get out of first gear in about 20 minutes. The highlight of the journey was the argument I had in the Shell station with the bloke who didn't want to turn on the Optimax and the BMW 316 driver who thinks he has a fast car and that bus lanes are for his convenience.

Anyway my detailer managed to iron out the scratches with t cut and a bit of glaze, so I don't need to kill my neighbour this time. :lol:

Poor old Dirk. I chatted with him yesterday and he is really p....d off. And now a parking ticket ..................

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I guess its too late for me to say anything here. After all the scratch is gone. But I did laugh at the site of a brick sailing through the windshield of your neighbors car. Plus there are other devious ways to get even, none of which I will mention. Glad to hear your car is a OK

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Richard, it's a SPEEDING ticket, that worse then a parking ticket, and even more to pay :cry: .
By some reason i never get a parking ticket, real strange, considering the i dear to park during work hours.

Hey Andrew thanks for you support man :p :eek:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Beterschap Dirk

That was dutch. Who sets his Ferrari with storm like that outsite. You had know better. But now it is happened. I hope you can repear it for a nice price. And get money of the workers

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
The thought of that brick sailing through the windshield made me laugh too. You can't imagine how many times I have contemplated throwing one through my own car's windshield when working on it and it giving me a hard time. Now that I have been working on a lot of them though I'm starting to pick up the tricks of the trade and that cuts down the car busting your balls a lot.

Something like that would make me irate. People should take care of their own sh_t and you shouldn't have to look out for them. But so is the world, most people nowadays have absolutely no common sense so if you don't think for them you get burned. When it's fixed though you'll never know the difference, and after a couple nice drives you wont even think about it anymore.

If it makes you guys in London happier, it's supposed to snow the next to days in Connecticut where I go to school. I hope it snows like a foot and a half so I can spend the next two days doing donuts in the jeep.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts