Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why has the Mondial not held its price very well? or am I mistaken here. I was on ebay and saw that for just under 50k you can get one of these. If I'm also remembering correct didn't these sticker for a little over 100k new 10 years ago? What's the deal? Is this car not worth buying?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Its a relative cheap Ferrari because (and this is the biggest reason) that most people just don't like it, at the time it was called an "ugly" Ferrari.
Well they sayd that of a lot of Ferrari's from the 80ths.
I really don't know because i like the car.
Just the same reason that a lot of people don't like the 400/412.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks for the replies. That totally makes sense. I have mix feelings about the styling of the Mondial, but I do like the 412. The Mondial looked awesome in the movie "Scent of a Woman" with a blind man driving but in pictures it doesn't always grab me. I was looking at a 412 the other day and the car has 350bhp which is nice. Peter maybe I'll hold out for 10 years for the 456 to drop in price. I love the look of that car and are the back seats even useable? Maybe for a 3 year old and some luggage.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Re: thanks

Enzo250GTO said:
are the back seats even useable? Maybe for a 3 year old and some luggage.
that's all that you can do with those back seats :D

BTW you might wanna wait longer since there is still no replacement (not that i mind) for the 456 and since it also is the most expensive Ferrari in their current range

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
456 price

Dirk,
There are already alot of 456s under the 60k range. I think with the new one coming out this price will drop even more. I read soemthing about how first time buyers have been hit hard. I'll try to dig that up again.
Andrew

·
Registered
48 Posts
$60k range? i've failed to see those.

Yes the backseats are usable, i can fit in them (i'm 6' :p ).

Torque and power on the car is amazing. It is the best looking ferrari of this generation IMO

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Enzo,my freind was just out bid on a beautifull and truly clean 1988 mondial cabriolet,on e-bay 30,000 miles 2 year old leather $38,000. I loved it,but your talking to a guy who in love with the 308gt/4.Take care mick..P.S.check out my tec question

1 - 9 of 9 Posts