Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some real help. I am having problems with the doors. They have a hard time opening and make snapping noises when opening. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
The first thing to try is to lubricate the door hinges / pivot points. I do have some other random questions to about this issue.......

With the doors shut, how do they line up with the other surrounding body panels? Do they latch and unlatch okay? Are you sure there isn't some kind of interference or contact somewhere? Does the "snapping" sound come from within the doors, or the area of the hinges? Please provide more information and we can try to figure something out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mondial restore

The drivers door does not line up perfectly the handles are very stiff when trying to get the doors open. I put some lubricant on the hinges but the sound was from within the door. I took the door arart and noticed that there was not enough tension on the steel cables leading from the inner handle to the door mechinism. I have no idea where I could find these parts if I need to replace them..any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts