Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Help!! Can anyone tell me where the low pressure recharge port is located on a 1987 Mondial 3.2??? Thank you. Randle

·
Registered
6,212 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
+1 on the OEM. I changed over for cost purposes on the Mondial T and was very disastisfied. Not to mention I truly didn't save any real money...I mean, how many times do you charge a system...was given bad advice....

not that much in savings.

SO< I had Ferrari change it back to OEM....take this advice, stick with OEM on AC

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Stay away from the R134a. It is meant for large condensors and evaporators which earlier cars do not have.

It is very inefficient on R12 systems.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
true, even with [typical] mods it will not work correctly

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It will work but since R134a is not as dense a material as R12 it does not expand through the expansion valve with same degree of cooling effect and does not dispel as well the heat it has absorbed from w/in the vehicle.

So it's great on newer cars that have been designed for those aspects but not as a retrofit.

If you have a fully functioning sealed R12 system leave it alone despite what any environmentalist says.

If you have an older R12 system that's leaking, fix the leaks and refill with R12.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts