Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Hawaii and am concerned about the cooling sysyem on my 308. Legally I am required to have a front plate, but that blocks off some air flow. I've heard that there's places that can make the plates smaller, has anyone heard of this? Any other tips?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
The size of the license plate is by regulation so you might find that the smaller plate would also be illegal.

Maine requires a front plate also. I attach the front plate to the grill with wire ties for the duration of the annual State inspection. After that the plate lives in the trunk. I have yet to be stopped for driving without a front plate. I don't know if Hawaii rigidly enforces the front plate law or not.

Like you, I have concerns about restricting air flow through the radiator. The 308 is not very "front-plate friendly". I have no idea how I would attach it so it would not restrict air flow yet still look halfway decent. I don't plan on worrying about finding a permanent way to attach the front plate until a policeman strongly urges me to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts