Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the "Vehicle Emission Control Information Plate" that is located on the driver's side drip tray that is attached to the engine compartment lid on a USA Model 1972 Dino 246GT directly under the openings in the lid. Does any company reproduce this plate? Here is a photo of the plate from a 1974 Dino GTS. I need a plate for a 1972 Dino GT USA Model.
Any assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. It'll bring me one step closer to getting my Dino back on the road again. :steeringwheel:

Hawaii 5-0

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately, they only have the Vehicle Emission Control Information labels for 1980 to 1989 USA Ferrari Models. And I believe those labels are decals whereas the Dino is a metal plate that is riveted to the engine lid drip tray. I'll see if Black Bart has the metal plate for my Dino. Thanks for the info Scott.

Hawaii 5-0

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. I checked out the auction, but, they wanted $950.00 for a used 1972 USA Dino 246. It's the exact plate that I need, however, it was way overpriced. I guess I can live without it for now. It is a supply and demand market, so, they can sell it for whatever the market is willing to pay for it. So, I'll keep hunting for one that I can afford.

Hawaii 5-0

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vehicle Emission Control Information Plate Found

I am happy to report that I was able to find a source that has reproduced the Information Plate that I had lost after my Dino was involved in an accident. I attached a phot of the reproduction Information Plate. In my opinion, I think that it is a very accurate reproduction of the original plate. His attention to detail is beyond anything I could have hoped to find.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Hawaii 5-0! Great work! I am in need of a similar 1972 US emissions plate (for GTS). wondering if you could help me with your source? (I sent you a message in FerrariChat as well). Thanks and cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts