Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hi friends,

I joined Boxer, agp22 and 212export for the mini epic trip on Friday. Unfortunately, my mini epic trip turned into a mini-mini epic trip as my 365 BB died on the first afternoon with a dead battery. Again.

It seems that I have a persistent short somewhere in the electrical system that keeps on forcing the alternator to burn out, after which the battery just drains. So I had the "550 support vehicle" come from Holland - my brother and father were only too happy to drive down for 5 hours and come and pick me up. The BB made it home again without incident and will be on a flatbed to England next week to sort it out.

Apart from the troubles, the trip was just fantastic and it was such an absolute pleasure putting names to forum names, and faces to those names. Dinner was a great event with fantastic food, gorgeous wine thanks to Boxer's younger brother TR, and great conversation ranging from stocks, gold mines and of course Ferraris. As Dave mentioned, it was quite amazing that 5 cars met, coming from 4 different countries to have dinner in yet another country. Europe is just fantastic that way.

The hotel Boxer had chosen was truly special and a fitting surrounding for our lovely cars. I was very sad I didn't get to drive the 430 Scuderia nor join on the following days but that will happen next year. It was a great appetiser for the Epic Trip next year - count me in! And I will help organise if people want me to.

Thanks again to all - FerrariLife is where it is at! :)

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Onno, sorry to hear you had more trouble with the BB, but still pretty nice trip anyway!

Was the Maserati part of the FL group too??

The cars look great (no news there), but the Scuderia......... It grows on me each time I see it! Amazing car!

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Beautiful cars as always guys! It looks like a spectacular time! It is a shame I can't go on the epic trip to experience this. Onno, very sorry to hear about your troubles :(

Chris

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Onno, the blue colour of your 550 looks absolutely spectacular. What's the exact name of this colour ?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Terrific photos, hope you guys had a great time. Sorry to hear about more problems with the Boxer, I hope that it gets sorted soon.

The Boxer looks fantastic, but 212's Scudi, WOW, that really looks the biz

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Onno, the blue colour of your 550 looks absolutely spectacular. What's the exact name of this colour ?
Errr ..... it's actually Porsche Night Blue (Nachtblau)...if you can believe it! It comes from the Porsche catalogue and was specifically requested by the first owner, so it is the original colour. I therefore think it is the only 550 with this colour in existence.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sure it was not a color the Ferrari salemen were pushing .....
I'm sure you're right. :D. The official database at Ferrari lists "Colore Estrordinario" or something like that - they didn't want to list it in the records either.

BTW - the previous owner (not the first but the second owner, I'm the third) liked it so much he ordered his 612 Scaglietti in this colour. He was very disappointed to see that Ferrari didn't match the colour. Ferrari claim it is that colour but I've parked my 550 next to his 612 and it is clearly different.

Onno

1 - 9 of 9 Posts