Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For some reason the link doesn't take you straight to the car:confused: If you click on the pre-owned or approved stock you should find it on page 2.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Are there any 250 GTEs left ?

I still think the 250 GT Zagato at the concours looked great but, yes you've guessed, it was a '62 250 GTE, #4019GT rebodied in 2000.

Very similar to 0515GT but there are some subtle differences.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally I don't have a problem with a rebodied Ferrari, after all it is still a Ferrari underneath. Enzo never made the bodies for the cars anyway.
I'd much rather see a good rebodied 250 GTE than a Toyota MR2, Datsun 240Z or Fiero rip off.

Anyone know how many 250 GTE's have been turned into something else?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I also have no issues with a rotten GTE, 330 etc being re-bodied as they would not have been viable restorations.
The problem begins when guys start breaking up good cars (and some nice P/F's, GTE's & even Boano's/Ellena's have been ripped apart to make copies) to make another poor quality replica:( .
To be fair the TdF & Zagato replica's at the FOC were really nicely done (particularly the Zagato), but most (in my experience - input appreciated here Marlin?) are not good quality.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I also have no issues with a rotten GTE, 330 etc being re-bodied as they would not have been viable restorations.
The problem begins when guys start breaking up good cars (and some nice P/F's, GTE's & even Boano's/Ellena's have been ripped apart to make copies) to make another poor quality replica:( .
To be fair the TdF & Zagato replica's at the FOC were really nicely done (particularly the Zagato), but most (in my experience - input appreciated here Marlin?) are not good quality.
Al, the rebodies I've seen done on 250 GTEs have all been pretty convincing -I'm getting to the stage that I don't believe anything I see anymore until I've checked it out.
I'll have to check how many rebodies I've seen over the years.

·
Registered
453 Posts
LOL

This makes a case for getting one's hands on a 250 GTE before their values rise to insane levels. They're still relatively cheap right now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are there any 250 GTEs left ?

I still think the 250 GT Zagato at the concours looked great but, yes you've guessed, it was a '62 250 GTE, #4019GT rebodied in 2000.

Very similar to 0515GT but there are some subtle differences.
Just came across this pic of this Zagato rebody, now on British reg.plate UXG729, based on Ellena 0757GT. Nice pic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts