Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious as to how many miles a new Ferrari such as a: F430, Scuderia, 599, come with out of the factory to the owner.

Chris

·
Registered
465 Posts
Don't they take them all on a test drive before declaring the cars finished? Are the odometers connected for that?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember hearing that they take the cars to the track before they are delivered that is why I was curious as to how many miles they put on them. I saw a Scuderia for sale on the internet that had 700 miles on it, and I was wondering how many of those miles are from the previous (short) owner.

Chris

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
My Scuderia was delivered with 52 KM's on the Odometer.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
The cars will generally have between 30-80 miles.

Each vehicle is taken across the street to the track and run for testing. If something is not quite right it is returned to the factory prep area to be checked, adjusted, etc., and then it's driven again.

Cars with higher delivery miles have been brought out to the track more than once.

It really means little as once the car is ready for delivery Ferrari is obviously satisfied with it.

I have heard of cars having as much as 90 miles on the odo at delivery.

If you stay at the Planet Hotel across the street you hear the cars all day on the track. Fabulous sounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts