Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I am not interested in selling my beast. Having looked at the DuPont Registry for the Maranello, I find no car above 22,000 miles. Most are less than 10,000 miles. What I am wondering is what is the deduction for mileage on the value of a beast? Do any of you have any idea what deduction is?

Since I have 40,000 miles over any of them, is my car worthless? I have had a second major done on it. Doesn’t anyone drive it? Why have it to sit in the garage?

:(

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
What year is your car Bart? I think it is a 2000? On your car mileage isn't so much a factor as condition. You have maintained it in a meticulous fashion which is good, but your car is going to show the wear of 60k miles.

NADA says the 2000 550 should be worth between $115 and $130. Your particular car is probably right in the middle.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I just checked NADA with the 97 model and they are saying $99 to $110.

So between NADA and SCM I guess we could say $105 would be a fair value for your car.

Scrape all the bugs off it and it might fetch a little better price. :)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Most of my clients (and I include myself in the group I am about to describe) have many cars. We have 7 vehicles in a 2 person household, many, maybe even most of my clients have a ratio that is even more out of whack. The simple fact is I have no desire to drive the Ferrari or Lambo the 6 miles to work and not even have a place to park it, likewise the grocery store. We'll drive the Exploder or the Benz or some other appliance so we can leave it anywhere and load it down with crap on our errands or work day. We save the exotics for the recreational times when we can actually enjoy what we are driving and our busy lives leave precious little time for that. If I had one or two cars it might be different but I have many. That is the same scenario that has existed in the exotic car world since long before the 30 years ago that I got in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts