Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had to write a little bit about meeting this amazing guy that is known as Boxer. I felt sorry we didn't get to talk all that much (those engines screaming behind our ears didn't help hehehehehe :D), but the time we spent talking was amazing fun.

Super car owners are well known for being arrogant, stupid show-offs. Not this one: I didn't feel like I was talking to a super car owner, a guy that has all these amazing machines! I felt like I was with another Ferrari enthusiast, just another guy. Boxer really is a very simple person, very nice to talk with, and knows how to share the passion he has for those cars.

After he left me at the hotel I was going crazy, it would take me at least 5 hours to get back home and tell someone what I had just experienced.

In that time I started thinking about what happened that morning, and how nice it was to get a glimpse of what it feels like to own a Ferrari. But it didn't seem to fit me: maybe I'm not mature enough, maybe I don't have enough patience.

But well, what I can tell you about the cars is that if you don't have this crazy special love for the F40 like I do, the F50 is the car that gives you the best feeling. It is a convertible, has the best soundtrack, more than enough power and really feels like the most special car in the road. All those things together make you enjoy the ride more than in the F40.

If I had to choose one, it would be the F40. Why? Well, it's perfect and it is the car that built the Ferrari image in my mind. That's the best explanation I can give you. Define "love" and I'll give you a better explanation! hehehehehe

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I've just read all 4 of your posts, and really enjoyed them. WOW you must have really felt like all of your birthdays had come at once by going for a ride in both F series cars. Having met the man myself recently, I also agree and can say that Boxer really is a gent, he let my son sit in the drivers seat of the F50 at the UK concours, it was all he spoke about for a week after, and the photo I took is now framed on his bedroom wall. So going for a ride in both, you'll never talk about anything else now;) I hope you got some photo's.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Archie, you got it right, that's pretty much how I feel!

I have to watch myself now, all I talk about is the meeting with those beasts, I'm starting to annoy my friends that live with me! hehehehehehe

I only took a few pictures, for the following reasons:

1) I was too busy enjoying every second, and taking pictures kind of ruins the fun for me.

2) Boxer has already posted many great pictures of both cars, so I wouldn't really come up with anything new.

3) I didn't want to invade Boxer's privacy anymore than necessary, and I think it would be pretty annoying if I started to take thousands of pictures.

4) No picture or video can capture the feeling you get when you are there sitting on the car or looking at it.

So I'm sorry to say that I only took four or five pictures and made two videos, and they all came out pretty bad.

But you can always visit the following links for good pictures:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6815

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6542

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6548

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5448

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Yeah, Boxer is a special guy. And I mean special like he is cool, not "special" like he rode the short bus to school. I think the only person who has contributed more to sharing the Ferrari experience with the world than this guy is a man called Enzo. Boxer is very generous in sharing the experiences he has in the cars he is fortunate enough to possess. Hat's off to you Boxer, you'll always be someone I hold in the highest regard. (not like Archie. And Stile, I'm just green with envy of you.)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, Pete, this forum is full of great generous people, and Boxer is one of the best guys here

and you shouldn't envy me, you were invited!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Im really happy for you...I was reading all the posts and I was thinking, what an amazing experience it must have been. It reminded me when I got a ride in my uncles F430 and got to drive it, but it doesn't even compare to the F40 and F50….the F40 to me is an icon of the 80’s supremacy for Ferrari and before the F40, it just seems that nothing on the market was really impressive and raw.

I still have the Road and Track that showed it being unveiled for the first time at the auto show with Enzo Ferrari, and I couldn’t help but think….WOW, one must be incredibly lucky to own one of these (hard work aside), like a dream come true….people have told me, “where would you drive a car like that?” and I was thinking “hey, wherever the accelerator pedal brings me” lol. I have never seen one let alone heard one. I have seen videos but that doesn’t mean a thing.

Then….the F50…what can one say….nothing…an open jaw while pointing with both eye wide open, heart beating so hard you can hear it…

No one can imagine how meeting a really nice guy like Boxer and getting a ride in his 308 would be very cool of him, but for him to take the time and risk to take his F40 to give a joy ride, is just…well amazing of him, then to bring you back to his place and start up the F50 and go for another ride….that blew me away….Stile, I envy you and im happy for you…that is just amazing…..

Boxer, I raise my glass to you…you’re an amazing guy and like everyone says, down to earth and really special (special - cool not special - short bus) hehehe!!!!! You have a lot of class…

I hope I get a chance to meet you some day, not for the cars but to shake your hand in person and say hello to another Ferrari enthusiast.

~

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well amazing of him, then to bring you back to his place and start up the F50 and go for another ride….that blew me away….
I was thinking to myself that if he took me for a ride in the F40, that was all I wanted. I didn't know if he would take me to see the F50, and if he didn't I'd understand, but he is much better than I could imagine.

Like I said, I don't consider Boxer the owner of all the cars I dream of, he's a tifosi just like me and everyone else here, a great guy who understands and shares the same love we have for that cavallino rampante!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
No one can imagine how meeting a really nice guy like Boxer and getting a ride in his 308 would be very cool of him, but for him to take the time and risk to take his F40 to give a joy ride, is just…well amazing of him, then to bring you back to his place and start up the F50 and go for another ride….that blew me away….Stile, I envy you and im happy for you…that is just amazing…..

Boxer, I raise my glass to you…you’re an amazing guy and like everyone says, down to earth and really special (special - cool not special - short bus) hehehe!!!!! You have a lot of class…

I hope I get a chance to meet you some day, not for the cars but to shake your hand in person and say hello to another Ferrari enthusiast.

~
Gentlemen, I do appreciate all the kind comments but I really did not do anything special. All I did was take a nice well spoken young man with a similar interest along on my normal Sunday morning drive. The only difference this Sunday was the fact that we came back to change cars.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Gentlemen, I do appreciate all the kind comments but I really did not do anything special. All I did was take a nice well spoken young man with a similar interest along on my normal Sunday morning drive. The only difference this Sunday was the fact that we came back to change cars.
I agree. Stile is a well spoken young man whom we are fortunate to have as part of our Ferrari community. 2 years ago I told him that he had a good head on his shoulders and was going to be successful in life. Look at him now, he's across the world attending one of the finest universities and getting rides in Ferrari supercars. I never did that shit. Not many college kids can say they've done in their life what Stile did this week. Stile, keep up the good work!!! You just keep being you!!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I don’t believe that….most guys wouldn’t even show up and give some lame excuse. I have met quite a few Ferrari owners and most of them are real snobs and self centered. You Boxer on the other hand, are an amazing guy!!! For you it’s not much because you own these fine cars, to us…. It’s a dream to even see one, amazing if one gets to sit in one, a dream come true to have a drive in one….now can you imagine 2?!?!?!?!?!

I said it once I will say it again I raise my glass to you….well here it’s morning, I raise my coffee mug to you!

~

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don’t believe that….most guys wouldn’t even show up and give some lame excuse.
Yes, that is absolutely right!

Boxer, if it wasn't anything special to you (and I do believe you, since you are a very simple and down to earth person), it was very very special to me!

And thanks for the compliments, you guys are very kind to me =)

Andrew, I met the F40 and the F50, besides the owner, of course.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
So far, this has not been my experience.
Me too. I'm sure there are some snobs and self centered people who own Ferrari's just as there are for all other makes of car from a Trabant to a Bugatti.
Sorry to hear of your experiences Magnum. I'd like to think it's different over here in the UK & Europe.
My experience of Ferrari owners at events is of down to earth people with the same passion and enthusiasm for Ferrari as me. I don't think this is just because I am Ferrari owner and am part of their 'club', as I was always well treated before I bought a Ferrari.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I don't think this is just because I am Ferrari owner and am part of their 'club', as I was always well treated before I bought a Ferrari.
I've become part of a group of enthousiasts in Holland on another forum, and on meetings there are about 50% non-Ferrari owners (or is that Ferrari non-owners?) present. They are truly welcome, and a complete part of the club. Likewise, the owners have helped me a lot before I joined their ranks, and their willingness to share information has been very helpful. I didn't feel looked down upon at all, and I don't treat non-Ferrari owners like that either. There are, indeed, some muppets out there but hey, that's life. I've met more BMW owners that I couldn't stomach, and even more Astra owners...

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, owners that have buy the cars for passion are the good ones, and guys that buy Ferraris or other cars just to show off are the bad ones

in Brazil most owners are stupid dumb asses that want the world to see they have money

this forum is kind of the opposite of that hehehehehe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts