Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, please hear me out first...I had the idea of buying a seat out of a 360 and making it into an office chair. Sounds silly I know but...I think it would be comfortable.
Now the question, where can one be bought and for how much? I know a guy who can make the base of a chair so that the seat will bolt to it just as it bolts into the 360 itself; ie. no modification to the seat has to be made. I would also like it to be the racing type seat I have seen in a few Modena's.

I welcome your input folks!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, for what my father paid for his office chair I could make two Ferrari seats!! LOL!! Seriously, he did pay almost $4000 for 1 chair. It has a back high enough for him to lay his head back with a big pillow already there. He is 6'5" tall so it is a huge chair.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hey, maybe you could buy the seats from that wrecked 360 that was on here a few days ago. That would be so cool. 8)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Get a pair from the breaker's yard and get the conversion done. It'll be so much cheaper. There are three seat options for a 360. Standard Modena seats, Daytona seats and sports bucket seasts. Take your choice, :)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
360 Spyder said:
Okay, please hear me out first...I had the idea of buying a seat out of a 360 and making it into an office chair. Sounds silly I know but...I think it would be comfortable.
Now the question, where can one be bought and for how much? I know a guy who can make the base of a chair so that the seat will bolt to it just as it bolts into the 360 itself; ie. no modification to the seat has to be made. I would also like it to be the racing type seat I have seen in a few Modena's.

I welcome your input folks!
I don't think it sounds silly at all. I think it would be a cool project!

·
Registered
383 Posts
definately cool, if you do decide to go ahead with the project, do keep us informed on how it's coming along. You got me interested as well. :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
That would be really cool!

I remember seeing a sport seat for sale online somewhere recently...can't exactly remember where or how much though. :(

But let us know on how it goes once you obtain your seat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts