Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's that time of the year, the F1 cars from this season should be comming soon. Here's a picture from Grand Prix Miniatures from Mattel of the F2004.

Still not really Minichaps quality though, but it looks alright. The details look decently reproduced. Still don't like the shiny tires though, but a little medium-grit will do the trick. Note the car is an early version from the shape of the Marlboro, or lack thereof ad space as well as the large airbox winglet. The more recent versions of the car run with a much smaller profile winglet as well as a more traditionally shaped, rectangle Marlboro ad. No hot air chimneys as well.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I need to call Mr. Lev over in Mattel's finance department. Wonder if they will give me a line of credit? :lol:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
oh well, doesn't matter anymore
Ferrari has made new contracts with other manufacturer's including Ixo, Exoto, Red Line and their are some others in the waiting line aswell
Minichamps won't be making new ferrari models at the moment

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. It's too bad Minichamps didn't get to keep the license through this new era, ending in 98(?).

I'd love to see a modern Ferrari F1 by Exoto, but seeing as how they seem to work with their stuff, i'd be a few years until we would see an actual model. But I thin I would definitely pony up for it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh! Awesome! I would've paid the extra for a pre-release car. Very cool purchase. Lucky you. :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rosso said:
Ahhh! Awesome! I would've paid the extra for a pre-release car. Very cool purchase. Lucky you. :p
it's not mine :'(

Look a pic of a friend who was at this ferrari days, I bought just one :'(

look at the "7" Schumi helmet

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh, I see. Interesting box, a little bit of a departure from Mattel's normal F1 packaging. The red box is quite striking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can't wait to get the F2004 model, I've been waiting all season. I sure don't have the collection of Rosso, but starting :work:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Canada. Does anyone know where these would be available in my country?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide....

·
Registered
5,082 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the models have been out for a few weeks now. I saw the RB F2004 at the dealer a couple of weeks ago, so I'm sure you can obtain them at retail stores now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts