Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on barchetta.cc about the Geneva Auto Salon the following (It already was online for quite a while, but I just read the text :lol: ):

This time, Ferrari launched the Challenge Stradale — a lightweight version of the very successful 360 Modena. The Challenge Stradale is the first evolution of the 360 Modena that had been presented in 1999. In 2004, Ferrari will launch a heavily modified Modena, then using a more powerful version of the 4.2 litres engine known from the Maserati Coupé and Spyder.

Aspecially the part about the more powerful versions. When I read that, I understand that there will be a Maserati engine in a Ferrari. I sure hope not.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I test drove the Maserati at the local Ferrari dealer. It was a 6 speed coupe. The salesman told me the engine was going into the 2004 360. I have never driven the 360 but the coupe was unreal.

At a light, a Porshche with a whale tail was next to me. He said he would not race me off the line because he does not like loosing.

Only my comment about this.

:eek:ha:

·
Registered
132 Posts
correct me if i am wrong, but the maserati motors are made by ferrari for maserati are they not?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
j brosseau said:
correct me if i am wrong, but the maserati motors are made by ferrari for maserati are they not?
yep
it's rumoured that the engine's arent working on it's full potential in the maserati, and that they plan to use the same engine in an upcoming Ferrari, where it will use it's full potential

·
Registered
132 Posts
thats the word. the maserati motors are de-tuned version of the upcomming ferrari powerplant.

·
Registered
30 Posts
as spaceboy and me got to know this weekend from the technical director of the maserati owner's club the only common between the maserati engine and the future modena engine will be the block, anything else is totally different. so we will get an original ferrari engine with its typical characteristics.

trevi

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does anyone know any Specifications about this motor? Will it have the same camshaft design as the marranello--they move back and forth, and the cam lobes are three dimentionally cut. will it have telescoping intake runners? Will it be an over square motor, or undersquare? Displacement? Rod ratio? Compression? any of theese things i would like to read about. If no one can get the info, what are these specifications on the maserati motor.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok aparentley no body knows.

Well can any one tell me the specifications about the modena motor? Is there only one or does ferrari give you option of other motors? I would like to know also if anyone knows any of the things that i asked about the future 360 motor, how they are in the present 360 models.

thanks guys

and also let me say that i enjoy this forum alot, and i love looking at all your cars :green:

SPECIALLY THE MODENAS :wink:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Not much info is available, except lot's of speculations
i think you can base yourself on the Maserati engine, but a little bit better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts