Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the first time I actually post a topic here. I have been a member only for a short history but the discussion section here with many great people sharing information helped me greatly with my ferrari. well, my name is lectio and I live in the city of Seoul, Korea. I have a 98 355 F1 and thinking about making a switch to 360 F1. I wait for your suggestions and comments about this switch. and if anyone has or driven both models please share your infor with me. thanks.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
lectio,
Welcome to the forum. I'm actually living not to too far from you and hope to visit Seoul in the near future. I also added Korean support to the forum. You can change this in your profile so all the menu options will be in Korean.

As far as the difference goes. With the 360 you will see an improvement in the F1 system for sure. You will also find I think that the car handles better than the F355.

Hope to see you on the forum some more and I'm sure someone else can chime in on the difference on the two cars. Overall I think the 360 is an improvement. Also I would suggest you test drive the 360 and compare it to your current experiences in your F355.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
styling 355 vs. 360

thanks Andrew for your reply. well, what you said is pretty close to what my friends told me that the 360 is a better car all around...except for the styling (love to have your opinion about this too). the only problem is that I love the styling of my 355 so much, but on the other hand I have the burning lust for that 'new and improved' experience of the 360. but I can't afford both. next week or so I have a schedule with my dealer to test drive a 360 spyder. I don't particularly have interest in the spyder line but I think it will give me an idea. thanks again andrew for your info and if you have some more please post'em for me.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi Lectio,

Can't help you out on the driving experience (sad enough, haven't driven any Ferrari yet!) but you also asked about styling.

I believe the 355 is beautiful anytime I see it. The first time I saw a 360 Modena, I was a bit dissappointed by its appearence. The front looked too much Porsche to me! When you see the car more frequently it starts to attrack to you. I must admit I like a yellow 360 Modena a lot. However the 360 Modena looks better in very bright colors. I do not like it that much in the more 'reserved' colors like black or dark blue.

The spider is a whole different story! I fell in love with that car the first time I saw it. I really like the looks of it from aside. Although I would prefer a non-red color in general.

My personal opinion on looks is that they both are nice 'head turners' but the 355 looks more classic (which I think is a good thing!) no matter what the color of the car is. The Modena is just a modern car (nice looks too, but different) and I think is more Porsche like so not that distinct anymore. Depending on the color I like it or I like it a lot.

In other words: a 355 is no doubt a Ferrari for the public, and I think a 360 can easily been mistaken by a Porsche. Not that a Porsche is ugly, but I would prefer the looks of a 355.

Just my 2 cents.

Niels

·
Registered
286 Posts
Niels, I kinda agree with you. The 360 is definetly a better handling car and has a lot going :D for it. However I think the styling went toward the Japanese look with rounded fenders and sweeping lines that go into curves and rounded off areas rather than the traditional angles that give the car more interest looking like a Ferrari. This is just my opinion because I happen to like the looks of the 308s 328s 348s 355s TRs and etc.. These cars scream out Ferrari everytime you see one IMO. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have tested during a weekend a 360 with manual gaerbox but now I own a 360 Spider F1 and this F1 gearbox is very nice..except in heavy traffic where it is not that very good. Ok..you miss the nice metalic click sound when you change gear.

I would recommand the F1...no way back to the manual gearbox.

Didier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi

hi lectio,

I share the same liking of the 355. Mine is 355 f1 spider 99, red/sabia (light cream). I had the thought of changing to 360 when I could set aside some extra money. Taxes are heavy down here. :(

But until today, I still like the 355. Maybe it does look more classic than 360. And it is lower. I got the 355 in its last year of production. I would prefer to obtain a car not in its last badge of production, since the new model may be around the corner. I am not sure when they are gonna restyle the 360.

However, i think u will find something more exciting after your test drive.
I never drove a 360 spider. the coupe was well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts