Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling together information on the F355 and would appreciate it if other owners could advise the most common major issue they have had with the F355. I have heard that the cracking in the C Pillars can be a problem due to use of the Sport Suspension setting on uneven roads, problems with cracking in the exhaust system, and fuel lines degrading. Are these consistent with your experience and are there others that I have missed ? Thanks, Boxer42

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
ze_shark posted a topic on corrision of the exhaust manifold? I will find that topic but I'm pretty sure the metal they used has problems with this in a wetter climate.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Contary to what owners believe, ther is no crack at the C-pillar. The roof panel is joined to the rear body fairing at the base of the C-pillar. Ferrari has used a soft "filler" compound to cover that stretch of joint. When the "filler" shrinks it makes a depression that looks like a crack.

I spend a lot of time in our local Ferrari workshop and the panel/bodyshop owner that repairs accident Ferraris here is my friend and I have seen many, many F355 when they're repaired. Take my word for it, the "crack" at the base of the C-pillar base is not a crack at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts