Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :D
I'm currently making a Ferrari 308 GTB Quattrovalvole for the game RACER: Free Car Sim, and am having quite a hard time finding specs on it. The game requires quite a bit of info to get the cars handling well, since it's a sim and all. I know there's a lot of 308 owners on this forum from looking around the past few weeks, so if you guys could supply me with the following info you'll get massive thanks:
1. Gear ratios (or at least how fast you can go in each gear)
2. Suspension info, such as spring stiffness, spring lengths (at rest, and when compressed by a specified weight), anti-roll bar stiffness (and which ARBS does this car have? front and back? or just one?)
i don't need numbers specifically for the stiffness of springs/arbs, a general comment on them would be fine.
3. any handling characteristics you guys can share from experience with the car, such as over/understeer when on/off throttle.
4. is there any camber or toe on the wheels?

I'll attach a pic of what the model looks like in-game, the textures aren't finished yet, but they're getting awfully close. Also, ignore the wheel size, i didn't properly scale them yet (too lazy to do the calculations yet).

BIIIIIIG thanks to anyone that can help! :green:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr. Bob said:
Hm, you did a good job there I think. Cant's you supply us with the demo of the game or something? :D
the game is free, so if you go to http://www.racer.nl/ you can download it. be warned though that the game is still a beta, so it's not perfect yet.
you can get cars/tracks for it at http://www.racer-xtreme.com/
i made an Enzo for the game previously, which is a available there.
the 308's not gonna be released though until i can get it set-up properly, which relies on this info i need.

·
Registered
255 Posts
the screenshots look really great. Why don't you search for a distributer for the game...perhaps then you can make some money with it :)
Because it really looks professional (I will download it soon...when I'm back at work (with cable))

ciao

Waldo

ForzaRossa.nl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ForzaRossa said:
the screenshots look really great. Why don't you search for a distributer for the game...perhaps then you can make some money with it :)
Because it really looks professional (I will download it soon...when I'm back at work (with cable))

ciao

Waldo

ForzaRossa.nl
the game is being made by one man, Ruud Van Gaal, and he's not doing it for profit, more for the sake of making a sim. The game's only half-done, really, and all the content is user-made. we've got a nice community going for it.

anyways, anyone have info? or know who i should contact to get it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 308qvregister site wouldn't load, maybe i'll keep trying. i've sent an email to the webmaster of ferrari308.com, since he owns a QV, and i'm hoping he can help me out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, the guy from ferrari308.com hasn't returned my email :cry:
and the QVregister site isn't much help, really. i might email the webmaster there if nothing else checks out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts