Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the main reasons for selling the f355 was that i allways felt that the car was very twitchy and unstable at anything over 100 mph. i bought the 360 hoping for a better handling car. it seems that the 360 is even worse. at 80 mph the thing is so twitchy and unstable and tramlines like a pig that it makes you break out in a sweat and you find yourself really holding on tight to the steering wheel. the problem seems to have gotten worse since its been back from the dealer (read my previous post). at 120 mph i was sweating so much and my heart was beating so fast that i thought i was gonna die. i can cruise all day at 120mph in my mercedes with one hand on the wheel and the other on the phone :eek: . i cannot believe that this is normal for a ferrari but its not just one of my cars its both.
any advice from 360 owners? are they all so bad to drive at speed? maybe i should have bought the gallardo instead. do u think my wheel geometry is out? the car has new pirellis on it so it cant be the tyres. and the dealer only checked the gear linkages for me and i'm presuming that they could not have messed about with the geometry. they did have it for 2 days and they did empty my 1/3 tank of fuel.

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
This does not sound right at all. I have driven a 360 at well just a bit more than 130 mph and it was rock solid. It could be a number of things starting with poor wheel alignment going all the way to a bent chassis. If you do not get good answers fast, would suggest you take it to another dealer to get it looked at.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am quite sure that it cannot be a bent chassis. the car is a 1 owner low mileage car that has been taken care of and serviced by the same supplying dealer from new. i have all the service history. i also checked all the bodywork of the car for any signs of damage or repair work and could not find anything. the car is straight the panel gaps are perfect and underneath its all straight and good.

i guess i will check the suspension alignment when i get a chance.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
The car has new Pirellis on it so it can’t be the tyres. And the dealer only checked the gear linkages for me and I’m presuming that they could not have messed about with the geometry. They did have it for 2 days and they did empty my 1/3 tank of fuel.

There is no such thing as “it can’t be the tires” you could have a bad one (manufacture defect) or not balanced properly or even maybe you lost a weight and it’s that one tire causing the whole car to shake. I have driven my truck at 80 mph + and its rock solid. Also suspension is a big factor in handling, so you might want to have that and the tires checked ASAP before something major happen like blow a tire, or god forbid…losing control of your 360…

If that dealer cant figure it out…go elsewhere, I would…

~

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found out what the problem was. this morning the car had a flat tyre. i pumped it up and drove to a tyre place. my car had a nail in the tyre which was causing a slow leak and making it handle worse day by day. i changed the tyre and straight on the highway i went for a test drive. 120 mph and no feeling of the back end swinging about like a boat. great its fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Told you it was a tire issue...

Well im glad you got it fixed, like I said, you could of had a blowout and had an accident.

~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts