Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the forum. I have owned many Corvettes,Mercedes,and currently a Dodge Viper GTS... I have always wanted a Ferrari and just recently decided, I am going to start (seriously) looking for one.... My concern with these cars are listed below.... I am torn, any input would be much appreciated... Thanks

Looking at:
either a 355, or 360... Would consider either model in both. I have never been a big conv. fan, but would buy a spyder if resale was better.. Now obviously I know there is a pretty significant price difference in these 2 models, and that aside. The choice would be easy...My MAIN concern, is to buy a car that is NOT depreciating anymore, on a large scale.. I take very good care of my vehicles, and would need to get most of what I put in to the car, out of it... Are there any models that may be a better to buy than 355,360?

What years do I stay aways from? If any?

Service (this is what has kept me from owning one up to this point) who can I trust in the NJ/PA/NY area?? Which model is easier to maintain... I would obviously be looking for one that recently had a service completed.

Can anyone give me a idea on prices thats these cars are ACTUALLY selling for.. I have an idea already, just want to see how close I am to anyone elses estimates..

thanks in advance for any and all information. I am in the very begining stages of this, and still would ike to learn about these cars before I pull the trigger. Thanks

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
If you are worried about depreciation, then I would go with a F355 over the 360. Early F355s should be fully depreciated by now, the 360s will continue to drop for a few more years. At this age, Spiders tend to have a slightly higher resale value, but then again they also have a higher purchase price. I would decide first how the car is going to be used, and then use that to drive the decision between GTB, GTS, and Spider.

The actual selling prices are in general 10-20% below the asking price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts