Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the owner of this Ferrari 250GTO.....

He was having it raced at Laguna Seca two years ago for the historic races. I took this shot and was so impressed that I brought it with me to the races and he didnt show!
I think he lives in Florida.... if anyone knows who/where he is please tell me becuase I would like to give him this shot in an enlargement.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! :green:

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone have an idea of an email or adress?

·
Registered
27 Posts
eatpasta said:
I am looking for the owner of this Ferrari 250GTO.....

He was having it raced at Laguna Seca two years ago for the historic races. I took this shot and was so impressed that I brought it with me to the races and he didnt show!
I think he lives in Florida.... if anyone knows who/where he is please tell me becuase I would like to give him this shot in an enlargement.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with the info :)
But I would ask you if you wanna share that picture with me too? In High Res? :) It's a very great shot !

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem is the only scanner I have access to is my mothers POS. What I really need is a neg scanner....
If you want a 4x6 of one of these that would probably be the best thing.... they are really sharp and the tones are beautiful 8)
I even have a few new ones from Laguna Seca this year that are pretty cool.... I have a few of them enlarged and they look phenominal at 11x17.... if anyone is interested in buying....
these scans are really horrid.... no justice to this amazing car!

·
Registered
27 Posts
eatpasta said:
the problem is the only scanner I have access to is my mothers POS. What I really need is a neg scanner....
If you want a 4x6 of one of these that would probably be the best thing.... they are really sharp and the tones are beautiful 8)
I even have a few new ones from Laguna Seca this year that are pretty cool.... I have a few of them enlarged and they look phenominal at 11x17.... if anyone is interested in buying....
these scans are really horrid.... no justice to this amazing car!
Do you have the picture in color?
What do you charge for a 11x17 ??
:)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
these are both B&W's. I usually only shoot in B&W.... I love the way it looks.
I havnt had one enlarged in awhile so i forget what the cost is.
I dont want to gouge you but I want to get a decent price for all the time and energy I put into my cameras etc. What sounds reasonable? $100 maybe?
and which shot are you wondering about? the race shot or the GTO nose shot?
Ill buy a neg scanner this week and scan a few over again so you guys can get a better idea

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i have never sold any prints before. If someone likes them I usually just have them pay for the processing. I shoot for myself, really.
My prints are all taken by me and enlarged by a friend of mine that has been doing it for 40 years and I can tell you $25 wont even cover the darkroom charges he pays.
people just arent shooting film anymore and its getting expensive! I cant even find a photolab that can enlarge my medium format shots becuase they havnt made the neg carriers in 50 years.
I hate digital.
I admit $100 is a little steep, i just dont know what to ask.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
It really depends on different things...shooting film is more expensive because you have the cost of the films, the darkroom hours, the chemicals etc. Digital is way cheaper.
Then there is the following: some photographers I know charge more than 100 euro, some less than 50. It depends on the kind of photographing you do, and the demand. I think it is a great shot, and definately worth a few bucks. Since you do this for the first time, look at the costs you have (time, costs of processing, costs of shipping etc), then look where that brings you, and then look at what you would pay for such a photo. Can't really just say a price because of all this. Nobody has asked me for prints yet, but I would start rather cheap, since I would do it more for fun, to say that some people have MY prints in their homes. If more and more people like them, you can always adjust the price to the demand.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It really depends on different things...shooting film is more expensive because you have the cost of the films, the darkroom hours, the chemicals etc. Digital is way cheaper.
Then there is the following: some photographers I know charge more than 100 euro, some less than 50. It depends on the kind of photographing you do, and the demand. I think it is a great shot, and definately worth a few bucks. Since you do this for the first time, look at the costs you have (time, costs of processing, costs of shipping etc), then look where that brings you, and then look at what you would pay for such a photo. Can't really just say a price because of all this. Nobody has asked me for prints yet, but I would start rather cheap, since I would do it more for fun, to say that some people have MY prints in their homes. If more and more people like them, you can always adjust the price to the demand.
I totally agree with you! I will see what all my expenses are and calculate based on that.
....and you guys just arent people off the street, you too also have the "Ferrari Fetish" so I would much rather have you guys hang my shots on your walls for basically what I pay! We are all Ferrari brothers 8)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it is an old car. My car replaces the old car. Catch me if you can.
I wish I could try!!!! :green:

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the price of the GTO nose shot has violently shifted up 20,000% becuase it is now an "award winning" photo.
...hey third place is third place... 8)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
eatpasta said:
the price of the GTO nose shot has violently shifted up 20,000% becuase it is now an "award winning" photo.
...hey third place is third place... 8)
In that case we charge a 20% finders fee for elevating that status :wink:

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts