Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-? how would I go about finding an independent Ferrari mechanic in the West Texas region? I believe there are dealerships in Dallas and Houston.
Please assist.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sexton Automotive in Lubbock does some Ferrari work. The owner has a F355. I used to do some work on Ferrari's. My last Ferrari repair was a water pump on a 308 quatrovalve. I currently work for the Toyota dealer in Lubbock. Master ASE and Master Diag. Toyota tech.

I don't know of any techs in Midland or Odessa. I would think maybe Britt Imports in Midland would know if anyone in your area works on Ferrari's.

If you don't have any luck, email me at [email protected]

steve

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, sduke,
nice to hear from a fellow West Texan! the only reason I mentioned Midland-Odessa is because I know the wealth of the region has resulted in all kinds of dealership for fine and exotic cars and guess that there would be mechanics there who could work on them.
I have seen Sexton's ads: having worked on Ferraris before, I suppose they can do just about anything a car might need. I would dread bringing a car to Dallas for service! do you have your own independent shop?
will stay in touch with you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
jung

I no longer have my own shop. I worked out of a shop outside of Lubbock that I shared with another guy. I used the shop mainly for my own use, but did some BMW, Audi, and Toyota performance work, and a few Ferrari's for people that knew me. I now only work at Toyota since we lost our lease on the building. Toyota is not my true love, but it pays the bills. I have been with Toyota for 25 years. I may find another shop, but it would be such low volume, I would need another tech to share expenses. Hard to find anyone with the skills or the cash to try such a thing again.

I have several outlets for Ferrari parts, (none particularly cheaper than the others, but reliable) if you need such a thing. Sexton seems to be a nice guy. I have never heard anything negative about him, which is pretty rare. He loves his F355 and I would bet he would bend over backwards for a fellow Ferrarista.

steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts