Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for any 250 GT Engine and Transmission parts to perform accurate measuring to build a scale model. Do any of you guys have old cracked pistons, brocken connecting rods or cracked heads lying around? I can make arrangement to have the parts shipped back to you if your not willing to give them up.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Are you going to build the engine only? What size? Give us pictures along the road please, should be great. have you done this before? Will it be static or working?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A real running model

I am planing on a 1/24 scale model of a 250 GT engine. Believe it or not it will run. I plan on all parts being correct in exact detail. The largest challenge is of course a working fuel delivery system. (1/24 scale Weber's Ugh!). I have built many models in the past...but this is by far my most aggressive endevour. Eventually, I want to build a chassis to fit the engine to.

I would be glad to post progress pictures to this board if there is interest in it. However, I am just putting my research plan together now and it may take some time to get the CAD drawings to the lathe and mill.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Ow, I do believe it, I heard my father about a running V12 somewhere between 5-7 cm. I'm afraid I can't help you with parts and stuff, maybe you can call some specialized shops who rebuild old engines, I bet they can help you with drawings and maybe old parts. I know a shop here in the Netherlands who sometimes rebuild 250 GT engines, and when they don't have the parts in stock, they let them build at the factory. I can look the number up if you want.

Greets

BTW, welcome here :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts