Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for any 250 GT Engine and Transmission parts to perform accurate measuring to build a scale model. Do any of you guys have old cracked pistons, brocken connecting rods or cracked heads lying around? I can make arrangement to have the parts shipped back to you if your not willing to give them up.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A real running model

I am planing on a 1/24 scale model of a 250 GT engine. Believe it or not it will run. I plan on all parts being correct in exact detail. The largest challenge is of course a working fuel delivery system. (1/24 scale Weber's Ugh!). I have built many models in the past...but this is by far my most aggressive endevour. Eventually, I want to build a chassis to fit the engine to.

I would be glad to post progress pictures to this board if there is interest in it. However, I am just putting my research plan together now and it may take some time to get the CAD drawings to the lathe and mill.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Ow, I do believe it, I heard my father about a running V12 somewhere between 5-7 cm. I'm afraid I can't help you with parts and stuff, maybe you can call some specialized shops who rebuild old engines, I bet they can help you with drawings and maybe old parts. I know a shop here in the Netherlands who sometimes rebuild 250 GT engines, and when they don't have the parts in stock, they let them build at the factory. I can look the number up if you want.

Greets

BTW, welcome here :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.