Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a favor guys...Ive searched all over the net and cant seem to find any decent Ferrari ads. I would prefer to use a recent ad, whether it be a 360, Maranello, Enzo, whatever.

Im doing a compare/contrast project in my Consumer Behavior course that requires me to analyze some print ads by Ferrari. I know they are probably few and far between, but they have to be out there somewhere. Does anyone have any links or pictures they can upload?

Much appreciated...Im just climbing up the ladder towards my eventual Enzo...thanks for your help with this small step in getting there :p

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
You will never find a print ad so you can stop looking. Ferrari has never spent a dime on marketing. No need to really, they have their F1 team and one of the strongest brands next to Coca-Cola.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well, there are very few, but those are usually from the impoters, not from the factory. I have no idea where to find them on the net. I do have some printed here I believe, but maybe I threw them away. You can't keep everything.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Yes, you will find Ads with Ferraris in them. But they are from other companies. My favorite is an old ad featuring Tom Selleck with his foot up on the bumper of a 308. The ad was for cologne.

Ferrari does not advertise. They don't need to. I believe the purchase of the Enzo required that you be a current Ferrari owner and you had to be invited to purchase. No point in advertising when you have so many potential buyers that you have to decide which ones you are going to sell to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, and completely understand that Ferrari does not need to heavily market their product, as it is a luxury item that is sold on a demand basis.

However, I have seen Ferrari commercials, as well as Lamborghini...mainly when they introduce a new product that is more "mainstream." IE 360's introduction, Murcielago, etc.

Its understandable that they wouldnt advertise to sell the product, but they would advertise to maintain brand recognition and uphold brand personality.

If anyone has one lying around...even an ad that isnt from the Ferrari factory but utilizes a Ferrari (I can spin it around somehow) that would be most helpful!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
TurboGSR said:
However, I have seen Ferrari commercials, as well as Lamborghini...mainly when they introduce a new product that is more "mainstream." IE 360's introduction, Murcielago, etc.
I wasn't joking. The factory has NEVER advertised a road model (now someone will prove me wrong I just know it). You will as everyone has said, be able to find an ad using a Ferrari. On the net? probably not. In a magazine is where you should start looking.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You will have to use some sort of second party or something. Unless you decide to use F1 as your example, as Andrew said, that's really all the advertising they do. They really don't have any direct marketing. I mean, I've gotten a postcard from Ferrari NA, but that's not actually Ferrari, that's the nNorth American importer, not the actual company.

·
Registered
776 Posts
About all I can add would be to look up Ferrari Dealership websites.
Or try www.dupontregistry.com and click the auto link then search for Ferrari.

There is a Bridgestone commercial running on tv now which features an Enzo; though they never say "This is a Ferrari". It just sits there looking pretty as the song plays.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Ferrari leave the advertising to their dealers. Buy a copy of Forza and you'll see abundant adverts by dealers from all over America.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anything you guys have would be a huge help.

Going to go snag a Dupont Registry & Robb Report to get some more as well.

Thanks a lot for the help gents!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts