Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for indoor car cover for the 328. Have been told I could buy a new one off of the ferrari website but it has been being "updated and unavailable" for the last two months. :(

If you know of one for sale or can suggest where I can get one, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I have a covercraft cover for the 308, fits great and it was under $50 at the local discount auto parts place. The website is www.covercraft.com and has links to where you can buy the cover online. The p/n on mine is 35003.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah - i saw the ad for the covecraft cover but was really stuck on the overpriced Ferrari piece.

buy, may just end up going with the covercracft version. Does it have the ferrari design in the nose - and what about fitmen.... is it tight and perfectly fitted or a little loose? i'm getting this as an indoor car cover and don't know if the covercraft is an outdoor one?

thanks for your help
Frank

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hi Frank,
Covercraft makes all kinds of covers both indoor and out. They do have a "perfect fit" cover for the 308 that is tight fitting and has pockets for the mirrors, but I just wanted an inexpensive cover to keep the dust off the car. The cheap one I got is for vehicles that are size "c" by their chart. It is loose fitting on the sides but drapes down completely. Front and rear are snug fitting and it has elastic ends so it goes completely under the front spoiler and under the tailpipes in the rear. It is a "universal" cover but when you see it on the car you'd swear it was made for it.
It does not have the Ferrari design on the nose, the only design on the nose is the word "front" :)

I'll take some pictures a bit later and post them.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Here's the pictures I promised you Frank. I pulled the car out of the garage so I could have more room to take the pictures. I think you should go for the Covercraft one. You've been waiting 2 months for the Ferrari site to be updated but this cover you can have tomorrow for $50. You'd have the cover now and if you still want the Ferrari cover you have a little more time available and still have the satisfaction of having your car covered. When you buy the Ferrari cover you could give this one away, donate it to the local high school auto shop or use it for a painter's drop cloth. Who cares?

Personally, if I had the Ferrari car cover I'd be just as worried about the cover as I am with the car. I'd have to make sure it doesn't touch the floor, fold it just so and put it on a shelf. It might take 2 people. This cover I can just whip off, throw it in the corner of the garage and go for a ride. Speaking of that, as you can see from the pictures it is a nice day so I am going to go for a ride. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Hi,
I got a red soft cotton indoor cover with a large Ferrari logo on the bonnet off eBay. I think it was originally for a 355, but it fits perfectly and even has ears for the wing mirrors. I cost me £81 GBP, approx $160 USD.
Occasionally I do a search on eBay and others come up.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
I got a red soft cotton indoor cover with a large Ferrari logo on the bonnet off eBay. I think it was originally for a 355, but it fits perfectly and even has ears for the wing mirrors. I cost me £81 GBP, approx $160 USD.
Occasionally I do a search on eBay and others come up.
Hope that helps.

haa - you wanna sell it ?!?!?! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts