Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm from Italy and, even if it could seem strange to you, I'm looking for an F40 in the USA... Here in Italy it got hard to find out a good one with a good price, everyone who owns one is not selling or is selling for a lot of money...
Could any of you suggest me some usa link to find out a good bargain?
Excuse my english...

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Hi guys! I'm from Italy and, even if it could seem strange to you, I'm looking for an F40 in the USA... Here in Italy it got hard to find out a good one with a good price, everyone who owns one is not selling or is selling for a lot of money...
Excuse my english...
Welcome to Ferrarilife! I have several links from the USA that you can check out. What is your price range for the F40. By the way your English is fine:)

Here are the links:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1138
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...9&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=458
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...9&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=504
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=2081

Well those are 4 different F40s located within the US. Two of them you will need to place a call to get the pricing. The other two are $609,000 USD and $625,000 USD.

Good luck on the F40 search!

Cheers,

Chris

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Excuse my english...
You best bet is probably the UK market. Given the recent weakness of the GBP vs. the Euro, UK F40s are now a bit less expensive than many on the Continent.

US F40s tend to sell for large premuims as very few were originally sold in the US vs Europe and new imports are banned. Therefore it is a closed market where demand runs well ahead of supply. You are very unlikely to find a bargain in the US, even with the very weak $.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys, I really appreciated your help! 600.000,00 $ is really too much since I can get a very good one in Italy for 300.000,00/320.000,00 Euro and, more over, if I import an F40 from USA then I have to pay a lot of taxes (almost 33%!!!). You really helped me, thank you!

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Thank you guys, I really appreciated your help! 600.000,00 $ is really too much since I can get a very good one in Italy for 300.000,00/320.000,00 Euro and, more over, if I import an F40 from USA then I have to pay a lot of taxes (almost 33%!!!). You really helped me, thank you!
Let me know if you need any contacts in the UK.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Yes, the prices are ridiculous in the US right now....well I guess thats alright since I am not in the market for an F40;) Good luck with the search!

Chris

·
Registered
104 Posts
320K Euros is not going to get you a great car in the US. It will have high miles and lots of stories at that pice point.

·
Registered
223 Posts
maybe mobile.de and autoscout24.de are good sites to check some of the F40's in europe.

@Ingenere hi I see you also got an M5 i am looking for my second M5. I hasn't got to be a new car but have you any idea what will a M5 cost in America because a second new M5 in the Netherlands is around 145000 new. I just want a used one to mod.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
maybe mobile.de and autoscout24.de are good sites to check some of the F40's in europe.

@Ingenere hi I see you also got an M5 i am looking for my second M5. I hasn't got to be a new car but have you any idea what will a M5 cost in America because a second new M5 in the Netherlands is around 145000 new. I just want a used one to mod.
Do you want an E60 or an E39 M5? send me an email.

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Believe me, I am! :)

Best of luck finding that great Viceroy of automobiles, the F40. Or Efforty as Vulcan Esq. likes to say.

Good call Boxer, I think you're right on the UK market. The pound drop makes a significant difference and there are a lot of F40's in the UK. Quite a few are well looked after, too.

Onno
I think there are somewhat north of 60 F40s in the UK, many of which have spent more time under the polishing rag than on the road. The one really notable exception is Nick Mason's F40 which apparently has over 100,000 kms on it.

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Talk to Jati on Fchat...he has a nice one for sale asking 540k.
For the US, it sounds like a great car at a reasonable price. However to bring it back to Europe you would get killed by both import duties and VAT. For most countries this would add at least another 33% on the bill.

Good ones can be found right now in the UK in the GBP 220-250k range ($420-500k). It will be very interesting to see what happens to F40 pricing when the early cars hit 25 years old and become eliglible for US import and are DOT/EPA exempt.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts