Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am located in the SF Bay Area, CA. Looking for a cheaper project car. Anything considered but not so interested in the wedge shaped 70's cars like the Mondial, GT4 and 400.

I also have a 2015 Porsche 981 Cayman S if anybody is looking to trade.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
How much of a project are you able or willing to undertake: Sacramento has about three exotic parts companies and I can speak from experience they have cars totaled but workable depending on skills

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm also searching for one more 308 GTB GTS and/or maybe a GT4 with ID documents (title). Basically I have a second car but due to regulations in Europe, it cannot be brought back to "life" as it was taken off the registry many years ago. Rgds///Thomas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much of a project are you able or willing to undertake: Sacramento has about three exotic parts companies and I can speak from experience they have cars totaled but workable depending on skills
Mainly I'd be interested in taking a project that has been sitting for a long time rather than wrecked. I'd consider a wrecked car if if didn't have a salvage title. I'll check into the Sacramento and Rancho Cordova yards, thanks.

Reactions: Granucci

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, it would be nice if managers were put on car sales sites. Project management is a rather complicated process. From now on, all modern managers are trying to save time without losing productivity. They implement project automation processes, but there are other methods as well. For more information on how else you can manage projects, see this article.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were you able to find one?
No, not in my budget. All the 'project' cars I found were deep into 6 figures or not much cheaper than a non-project.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 6-speed, black/tan?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm also searching for one more 308 GTB GTS and/or maybe a GT4 with ID documents (title). Basically I have a second car but due to regulations in Europe, it cannot be brought back to "life" as it was taken off the registry many years ago. Rgds///Thomas
Do you have the paperwork to export it? Perhaps another country would allow it to be resuscitated?

·
Registered
2016 CAMARO SS
9 Posts
Hi all,
I am located in the SF Bay Area, CA. Looking for a cheaper project car. Anything considered but not so interested in the wedge shaped 70's cars like the Mondial, GT4 and 400.

I also have a 2015 Porsche 981 Cayman S if anybody is looking to trade.

View attachment 244267
ID SAY A 360 MODENA WOULD BE A SOLID CHOICE. LOL ALWAYS HAD SOMEWHAT OF A BIASED LIKING TO THEM SINCE I STARTED REALLY GETTING INTO CARS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For me, the 360 is in that low spot where it's too old to be a new reliable car and too new to be a classic (like the Porsche 996). I'd sooner take an F430 or a F355. 458 is too new, so still out of budget and not likely to be available as a project. 328/308's look nice but are pretty slow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still looking for a project car or lower priced Ferrari. Also considering cars needing major maintenance like engine out belt changes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, it was parted out before I got the remains. If I have the correct documents but no car I can register it but not the other way around.
I'm wondering if you could sell the shell to someone in the USA 'for parts', then the US buyer can get a title for it by declaring a mechanics lien or something. How much of the shell and parts do you still have? How much value does the un-documented shell have to you?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Shipping to USA would be more than the value of the remains. I know how lien is done in USA. I'm told to avoid a salvage title if I buy a donor and send it to Europe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've given up on this mission, no cars to be found so I went with another brand. Thanks to all who replied.

·
Registered
432 Posts
At least you are somewhat reasona
I've given up on this mission, no cars to be found so I went with another brand. Thanks to all who replied.
Which car did you go with? I'm surprised you couldn't find one. Compared to the guy who was looking for a F40 to rebuild your desire was pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At least you are somewhat reasona

Which car did you go with? I'm surprised you couldn't find one. Compared to the guy who was looking for a F40 to rebuild your desire was pretty reasonable.
I bought a 2016 McLaren 570S. Not really a project car, but it had failed California smog with aftermarket cats, needed carbon ceramic brakes replacing and all of the fluids and filters maintenance was due, which at McLaren dealer pricing is no joke. (You could have bought a pretty nice Porsche 911 outright for the dealer cost of that work.)

Most of the work is already completed, just awaiting a couple of filters from the UK now.

Reactions: efg2014
1 - 20 of 20 Posts