Ferrari Life Forum banner

Looking a for a Foldaway Targa Top

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  smc007i 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and was hoping that I might find some answers here. I plan on using my 308 GTS QV as a DD and would like to store my factory Targa at home rather than behind the seats to provide a little more space. Way back (over 20years now) I remember seeing an ad in either the the duPont Registry or in one of the Ferrari publications for a replacement Targa top that had a folding frame. Does any one remember these or know where I might find one, and if they are no longer available would anyone be interested in having one fabricated.

Thanks

Justin

#2 ·
Justin- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Sorry, do not remember a folding top for the 308 GTS, but mine went in 83, so it must have happened later. Do not remember the original top taking up much space when I drove mine.

#4 ·
Justin- There was a patent issued in the US in 1992 for a folding targa top and I can find photos of 911 Targa folding tops, but not much on the 308 or other Ferrari GTS models.

See you also asked on FChat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.