Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and was hoping that I might find some answers here. I plan on using my 308 GTS QV as a DD and would like to store my factory Targa at home rather than behind the seats to provide a little more space. Way back (over 20years now) I remember seeing an ad in either the the duPont Registry or in one of the Ferrari publications for a replacement Targa top that had a folding frame. Does any one remember these or know where I might find one, and if they are no longer available would anyone be interested in having one fabricated.

Thanks

Justin

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Justin- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Sorry, do not remember a folding top for the 308 GTS, but mine went in 83, so it must have happened later. Do not remember the original top taking up much space when I drove mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Terry,

Thanks for responding it I know it was an aftermarket product I re call it was 89-92
and I am pretty sure it was in the duPont Registry. I am thinking I may have to have it custom made. I wonder if there is a market for them?

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Justin- There was a patent issued in the US in 1992 for a folding targa top and I can find photos of 911 Targa folding tops, but not much on the 308 or other Ferrari GTS models.

See you also asked on FChat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Justin ... I have folding top and use it regularly. An F-Chat member was actually making them years ago. I'll have to see if I can find those old threads.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Justin

Don't know if you've located a top, but here is the F-Chat name of the person who has them ... Gianluca.

He told me that he has had some inquiries lately, not sure if that's you, but he does have a few that he can ship.

good luck,
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts