Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ferrari Life members, unfortunately I'm not in a position to purchase one of these fine vehicles myself but I've had a dream for a long time. I really want to take a Ferrari on a roadtrip, from my home to visit my family about 1500 miles away. We're looking at about 1500 miles in one day, then about 2 weeks later another 1500 miles in one day coming back, I realize the ride MAY not be the best, but it's been my dream to do this... can the vehicle handle this?

I've found a website that leases exotic cars on a month to month basis, for an 04 Ferrari 360 F1 Spyder, it would require roughly a $30,000 deposit, with about $4000/month with 500 miles included with additional miles at $1/mile. So, it's looking to be $36500 for one month, and I'd likely get *most* of the $30k deposit back..so $6500 at least.

Is this a good deal, or would anyone know of a better way to accomplish this? Am I crazy? :confused: :D I appreciate any info on this, I really want to do this!

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Yes it is ...

Enjoy the car. 360 Spyder is a drivable and reliable F car. You would thoroughly enjoy the exhaust note even more (being a Spyder). Mile for mile, $6500 is resonable, in my opinion. Gotta watch out for speeding and tickets too. you might contact Andrew (Enzo250GTO), the administrator, cause I believe he sponsors a Ferrari rental enterprise also. Happy vacation and driving !!! Jimmy

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have driven a 360 and f430 a few times across Europe from the UK to Portagul, a 360 can do this very easyly. But i must question you doing 1500miles in one day. Man you will be tired;) As said above i did 1200 miles in just over a full 24 hours to get to Portagul and i was so so tired becourse of very little sleep.
On another thread on this forum i posted pictures of my trip across Europe last week to get to Modena. I was doing 600miles aday which was a steady drive and stoped over and continued the next day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I usually make the drive in 1 day, it takes right around 24hrs. But now that I think about it, I should probably spread it out, more time to enjoy it.

Enzo250GTO - Anywhere in FL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts