Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there everyone,

this may sound strange but i was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts/comments..

as a 22 year old male i clearly want a ferrari! :) but i wonder, what is it actually like to live with one?

my favourite Ferrari is the 348... TS or TB, im not sure... i like the TS, but think at 6"6 if i stowed the roof panel behind the seats, my legs might end up round my ears!! (these are the kind of things i would love to hear about from owners... all i have to go on is pictures and guestimates!)

what about insurance and servicing? it would clearly only be a weekend car, on limited milage... but you do hear horror stories about the cost of running one..

insurance too - i imagine once you hit the 25 milestone the cost of insurance is more reasonable?

i hope this kind of qu hasnt been asked hundreds of times before and you are all sighing! (did try searching for 348 related articles but to no avail)
and excuse me for not being an actual owner! (yet:) ) but hey you guys are the ones to ask right!?

anyway - any info appreciated... happy new year to everyone also!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
and excuse me for not being an actual owner! (yet:) ) but hey you guys are the ones to ask right!?
anyway - any info appreciated... happy new year to everyone also!
Hi Martin,
You don't have to be a Ferrari owner here, all Ferrari enthusiasts are welcome. This is the place to come and learn, if you become an elite member you will have access to the buyers guides that will help you with your questions. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the 348 other than the fact that I like them just as you do. But knowing my 308, I can tell you that someone of your size may not ever fit comfortably in a Ferrari. I'm 5' 10" and the 308 fits me like a glove. You are a full 8" taller than me and that would be a major problem in the 308. I don't know about the 348. You might want to forget about all the insurance issues and costs and stuff like that and go find a 348 for sale and just sit in it and see if you fit comfortably in it. Then worry about the costs and see if it is do-able. It doesn't matter if you can afford a 348 and the insurance and stuff and own a Ferrari, if you can't comfortably drive it it will suck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pete. thanks yeah that is a good idea, but they are few and far between and i expect a dealer would take a look at me and think tyre kicker! but i know a garage near a friend of mine in London, will take a look next time im up there.

it is a case or either ruling it in or out.. if its a no, its not a big deal. if its a yes, then at least i have something positive to aim for

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Well Martin at this point you are a tire kicker. Tell a dealer you just want to sit in the car and just see if you can fit in it comfortably, if not than you won't waste any of his time. If yes, then you might have a few more questions for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts