Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a 2+2 and every Ferrari for sale has less than 50K milage-many under 20K. I realize many are for sale because of the high mantainance costs, but how many miles can one expect in a well cared for Ferrari?
Can I get 200K out of a 412?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Dangerous question, I think. I might be way off base here, but it seems like you want to buy a 412 as daily transport on a reasonable budget.

All I can say is: if you have not won the lottery, then please do yourself a favour and steer clear. The car can handle 200k fine, but your wallet won't like it. Everything about a 412 is expensive. I've just heard a couple of prices: new windscreen? $2,000. Typical original dashboard switch: $600. The list goes on and on. They are very, very expensive cars to run, even for Ferrari's, mostly because so few were built.

You'd be much better of buying a recent 456 and running that on a daily basis. That car was at least built to do large mileages, and there are a lot more of them around making spares more manageable.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Dangerous question, I think. I might be way off base here, but it seems like you want to buy a 412 as daily transport on a reasonable budget.

All I can say is: if you have not won the lottery, then please do yourself a favour and steer clear. The car can handle 200k fine, but your wallet won't like it. Everything about a 412 is expensive. I've just heard a couple of prices: new windscreen? $2,000. Typical original dashboard switch: $600. The list goes on and on. They are very, very expensive cars to run, even for Ferrari's, mostly because so few were built.

You'd be much better of buying a recent 456 and running that on a daily basis. That car was at least built to do large mileages, and there are a lot more of them around making spares more manageable.

Onno
Very sound advise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts