Ferrari Life Forum banner

Lewis Hamilton for Ferrari?

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  vectra17 
#1 ·
Anyone out there wants Lewis Hamilton to drive for Ferrari?
Kimi and Lewis on the same team is that too much?
Will Ferrari come back next Year and kick some?

#2 ·
So you're saying that Massa should leave and Kimi should stay? I think Massa has proved himself much more worthy of the WC title in 2008 than Kimi. Kimi really was all over the place this year.

And no, I don't want Lewis in a Ferrari, but that won't happen anyway since he is practically Ron Dennis' adopted son.

"Will Ferrari come back?". Newsflash: Ferrari is World Champion 2008. They just didn't get the drivers title, by 1 point. That would hardly be called a miserable season.

Ferrari had the better car and Felipe actually made fewer errors than Lewis throughout the season (just check the article on formula1 dot com). He was just unlucky with team stuff-ups and two blown engines for guaranteed podium finishes.

I think Lewis was thoroughly unimpressive yesterday, and damn lucky to scrape through. So all Ferrari need to do is be a little more German and a little less Italian and they'll take the double-crown next year. Without LH.

Onno

#4 ·
So you're saying that Massa should leave and Kimi should stay? I think Massa has proved himself much more worthy of the WC title in 2008 than Kimi. Kimi really was all over the place this year.

And no, I don't want Lewis in a Ferrari, but that won't happen anyway since he is practically Ron Dennis' adopted son.

"Will Ferrari come back?". Newsflash: Ferrari is World Champion 2008. They just didn't get the drivers title, by 1 point. That would hardly be called a miserable season.

Ferrari had the better car and Felipe actually made fewer errors than Lewis throughout the season (just check the article on formula1 dot com). He was just unlucky with team stuff-ups and two blown engines for guaranteed podium finishes.

I think Lewis was thoroughly unimpressive yesterday, and damn lucky to scrape through. So all Ferrari need to do is be a little more German and a little less Italian and they'll take the double-crown next year. Without LH.

Onno
100% agree with Onno.

I would add that although LH is a good driver he has yet to prove himself to be a great driver (yesterday was a case in point). Many drivers who have shown promise early in their careers have fizzled out after a few seasons. Coulthard and Button come immediately to mind. Mansell, Hill and J. Villeneuve declined after winning the World Championship just once - all were hailed as being the mutts nutts.

#3 ·
I agree with most of what Onno said.

Lewis sold his soul to McLaren many years ago, as long as they keep building a reliable and a winning car and as long as he wins races and is competing for the drivers title he won't be going anywhere.

I would love to see LH at Ferrari, but it isn't going to happen any time soon.

#6 ·
Hamilton driving for Ferrari is as likely as Monaco winning the next World Cup.

Hamilton is just a very good driver in a great car. He has yet to prove (despite what the British press claims) that he is a great driver. The closest thing to a great driver in F1 now is Alonso and the last truly great one was Schumi. When Hamilton puts together 4-5 Drivers Championships, then we can consider him great.

#9 ·
Hamilton has my respect. Winning in a Mercedes may be not such a big thing to do but Alonso and Kovalainen had their chance in the Mercedes as well and did not succeed. (Kimi as well, by the way)
I love Massa's temper and he will be "hot" for next season. My favorite "next" driver after Kimi's departure in 1,2 or 3 years will be VETTEL. Yes, I know that you are all loughing but Vettel is a phantastic driver and a "brain" in the way Lauda was. Why not reinitiate the German-Italian axle again. From a marketing point of view it would be great for Ferrari and Vettel. Just my 2 cents

#11 ·
+1 for Vettel, he's the next great driver.

Right now, I think Alonso is the best, and no other is close to him. The next best thing would be Massa, then Hamilton, then Kimi.

Vettel and Kubica are the big promises right now, and I hope that they climb the steps to match the "big ones".

About Glock, I'm really not in the mood for him after yesterday!

#14 ·
Guys, I read this on a F1 news site :

Massa feared for Glock safety in Brazil

Massa feared that his Brazilian supporters at Interlagos might turn their frustration on members of the Japanese team.

Reports say that Massa sent his younger brother to the Toyota garage to advise team members to change out of their uniforms before leaving the circuit, located just outside sprawling Sao Paulo.

Apparently, Toyota figures did heed the warning, returning to their hotels or to the airport wearing Brazilian national team jerseys, or spare uniforms of the Renault or Ferrari teams.

Hamilton was not afraid to enter the city to celebrate his triumph on Sunday evening. He was spotted dining at a local steakhouse before partying with his entourage at an invitation-only nightclub party just after midnight.

And, just for the record, even the Briton's arch-enemy Fernando Alonso returned to the McLaren garage after the race on Sunday to personally congratulate Hamilton, the German newspaper Bild reported.

Record TV audiences for 2008 finale

France's TF1 said its record was achieved when more than 5 million viewers tuned in to the dramatic finale to the 2008 season.

In Germany, the average number of viewers of the free to air RTL coverage was 8.8 million.

For RTL, the peak audience of 9.46 million was recorded after the chequered flag, when an emotional Felipe Massa was presented with his race winner's trophy.

In Britain, the average audience was also nearly 9 million, as ITV televised its last race before the rights switch to the BBC from 2009.

The only sporting event with a higher peak audience (14.6m) in Britain this year was live coverage of the Champions League final between Manchester United and Chelsea in May.

#15 ·
Guys, I read this on a F1 news site :

In Britain, the average audience was also nearly 9 million, as ITV televised its last race before the rights switch to the BBC from 2009.

Not me, I wasn't interested, didn't bother watching it. Instead I watched the boring wall to wall coverage of Obama Vs Mccain ;-)

Vettel at Ferrari in a couple of years would be a very interesting prospect as he is a superb driver getting great results out of the Torros Rosso (better than his team mate who is a 3X Champ car winner). He is very friendly with Schumacher as he learned his craft on Schumi's family kart track in germany, and I'm sure Schumi will influence the bosses at Ferrari.

#18 ·
I think lots of people mistakenly think the McClaren is the best/ joint best car. You only have to look at Kovalienen's (excuse spelling) performances throughout the season to see that the McClaren is a clear third below Ferrari and the BMW.

For this reason Hamilton deserves a lot of credit, he won the title DESPITE of the car he was in. Alonsos bold showing this year shows just how good a driver Hamilton was last season, yet everyone now goes back to thinking he is just 'ok' despite being so much better than his team mate its untrue. And Kovalienen was thought to be highly promising last year.

Hamilton could get in any car next season and I believe would be better than his team mate given a level playng field. For this reason he has to be the best around.

#19 ·
Well since i posted this thread here's what i think anyone can win a championship is already a great driver, so many races in one season yet in the end still can win and it doesn't matter if is one point or 20 points it doesn't matter, a championship is still a championship and thats what the history will tell ya! In regards to the comments above you guys sure have your points but the drivers you guys mentioned, Prost Senna Schi Mansell those are legardary drviers not just great drivers! LH is only 23 the youngest ever that alone is already kick ass, ask yourself what were you doing when your were 23? let alone a title is F1 that is fantasic, i hope i didn't piss anybody off but very interesting read all the comments thanks. Cool forum and cool guys!

#20 ·
Just a thought...F1 is a business. At its core it is an entertainment business. Fan/audience interest and support is the base of its financial model. Having Hamilton win the Drivers Championship at the last second created huge buzz at the end of the season and sets up a great framework for 2009.

Outside of Brazil & Italy, does anyone think another Massa/Ferrari victory would have had the same impact as the Hamilton win ?

#21 ·
Here's some scepticism. Last year, 2007 McL should have won the Constructors and the drivers titles with either Hamilton or Alonso, but they were caught cheating and lost their constructors points, then on the last race in Brazil, Kimi took the drivers championship away from them.

Was a deal struck back in 2007? You were caught cheating, but to keep interest in the sport, the 2007 title will go to the wire in Brazil with Ferrari winning, and then in 2008, you can have the Drivers title, but we want it to go to the wire again to keep interest in the sport.

Probably unlikely, but not impossible. Bernie is a great ringmaster and manipulator, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't planned.

#22 ·
I wished Massa would have won; he deserves it through all the years of hard work. It’s a little unfortunate that he made a few mistakes this season that cost him so much in the end. I hope next year he rises to the next level.

I'm really pissed at Kimi, when he was battling MS on the track; he was fast, determined and a true rival. Now he is in the Ferrari seat and I feel he is not giving his 100% like he used to. I really like Kubica; he is a hard risk taking driver and pushes the envelope, kind of like a mini MS. I wish he could take Kimi’s place. I am a firm believer that he could win the championship hands down with what Ferrari has to offer as far as experience, a great car, excellent engineers and MS in the background.

As far as Alonso, well during the year Alonso was gone to McLaren, it hurt Renault as far as having a good driver who knew how to set up a car. This is where Alonso’s experience this year came into play. This year was a year to re-tune his car and team with Renault. He has made huge progress and I think next year he will be someone to seriously watch.

~

#24 ·
Atleast 4 now, it seems highly unlikely that Lewis Hamilton is looking to change team. He has had a dream run since the very start of his career. y would he want to tamper with good form
Ron Dennis has developed Hamilton's career going back to his early days in carting. As long as Dennis is running McLaren it is highly unlikey Hamilton will be going anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.