Ferrari Life Forum banner

981 - 986 of 986 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #981
Thank you very much, looking great on your F430 and adds a lot more safety too. Enjoy ;)

Hello all,
I received and installed my LED rear lights, and front LED as well.

I love the result.
More on these on my instagram account @f430gentleman

Thanks Stef!!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Okay, I have identified the black box in the photo bolted to the stock exhaust bracket. Ricambi America calls it a "shock absorber".

I think this means it is a deformable structure designed to absorb collision energy by being crushed. Useful in very low speed rear-end collision to protect the gearbox.

I had bolted it back on not knowing what it was or how it was used.

It is item number "35" in the diagram at

Now I just have to make a list of all the O-rings, gaskets, Seeger rings, et al needed for a gearbox fluid change. The gearbox oil filter is not replaced, just cleaned, although you do need to replace the O-ring for it.
This part is only found on USA/CDN cars which explains why Europeans would not be familiar with it.

Reactions: StefVan

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I asked my wife to shoot a video of the DRL from Scud Ing. It's too big to insert in a post so here is the link on my web site:

The DRLs come on automatically about a minute after engine start to give the battery time to recover from the start. They dim when you use the turn signals, and fade back on when done. The same thing happens when you engage the low beam headlights. Although not depicted in this clip, they turn off about one minute after engine cutoff.

And here is the Flasher ECU and rear LED package:

Note that all four rear lights illuminate when I touch the brakes and the CHMSL flashes 6 times (that's configuable as is the flash length). The engine is already running so the tail lights are on. Not shown are the brilliant backup lights which work well at night with the back-up camera just barely visible above the license plate. The KD-40 Radar/Laser unit is just below the plate.

Thanks Stef!

Ray

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #984
You're most welcome Ray! Thank you for taking the time to make these videos and share them, much appreciated (y). Of course we all know that a camera will never capture correctly the spectrum and brightness of our LED rear lights but in real life, they are perfectly eye catching red filling up entirely the light clusters for a maximum safety.

Now you need the Smart Interior lighting system so that your foot wells illuminate when you step in your car ;).
Thank you Ray!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
You're most welcome Ray! Thank you for taking the time to make these videos and share them, much appreciated (y). Of course we all know that a camera will never capture correctly the spectrum and brightness of our LED rear lights but in real life, they are perfectly eye catching red filling up entirely the light clusters for a maximum safety.

Now you need the Smart Interior lighting system so that your foot wells illuminate when you step in your car ;).
Thank you Ray!
I like the red light version. In combat, all our interior lights were red so as not to affect our night vision. If I do those, I will also do the engine bay lighting.

It's amazing to me that a car that costs as much as this one lacks the most fundamental elements. Thankfully, you have observed these deficiencies and produced products to enhance the car's appearance and safety.

I found out my F1 fluid has never been changed. So I will be putting the Advanced Smart eMT into maintenance mode to flush and bleed the system using the Liqui Moly and my Torque.

Thanks again for engineering and manufacturing the cool stuff!

Ray

Reactions: StefVan

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #986
All our solutions are regularly tested on track under extreme conditions. While working hard during these track days, we love also to share with friend's or colleague's children and offer them a memorable moment 😀.

We Strive for Excellence - www.ScudIngSwiss.com

Credits and thanks to our photographer for this great photo.

Swiss design, engineering and manufacturing

981 - 986 of 986 Posts