Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used Leatherique with great success.

Recently I recently re-did the leather in my 328.. I stripped of the old laquer dye with laquer thinner. I then used the Leatherique rejuvinator to get the leather healthy. I then wet sanded the old dye using the Leatherique prep solution. I then used the Leatherique dye to re dye the seats door panels and center consoles. A lot of work but totally worth it.

Regards,

Stew

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Leatherique Rejuvenator oil

I use Leatherique oil and cleaner a couple of times a year on my Mondial. It is great stuff. It took ten years worth of grime off of my interior the first time I used it. Do read and follow all directions. Plus, when wiping down with the cleaner, ring out your sponge or rag before wiping down your interior as any drops not quickly wiped up can slightly discolor your leather. If this happens, go over the area with your rag again and it should even it out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
ErikS said:
I use Leatherique oil and cleaner a couple of times a year on my Mondial. It is great stuff. It took ten years worth of grime off of my interior the first time I used it. Do read and follow all directions. Plus, when wiping down with the cleaner, ring out your sponge or rag before wiping down your interior as any drops not quickly wiped up can slightly discolor your leather. If this happens, go over the area with your rag again and it should even it out.
I gotta say I've sweated over the Leatherique a few times in a couple of years but it's never come up as good as I'd hoped. Probably because the interior is in good nick as-is, apart from being a little firm and some slight lines around the edges ot the seats. I was hoping for a nice soft suppleness and a bit more shine, but no. Still damn firm to touch & a little dull. I was thinking "like a 430 please"!:D

I've tried the plastic covers over the seats in the hot Aussie sun, so I'm out of ideas & would love to see other's opinions too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Leatherique Products

Hey guys,
I'm a leatherique dealer as well as a Ferrari owner and there are some tricks to using the products. You use the Rejuvenator first and don't be afraid to apply an adequate amount, then cover the seat with a plastic garbage bag and let it sit in the sun for a little while. This will open up the pores of the leather and really let the Rejuvenator sink in. Can take longer to do depending on last product used on seat and condition of leather, etc. After a couple of applications in this way, use the cleaner. For stiffer leather, you may have to apply Rejuvenator 3 or 4 times. I always have good results and I really like the feel of the leather afterwards, not shiny, not sticky just soft and supple. Good luck :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Leather Dye

As an alternative, you could try Color-Plus products (colorplus.com). I have done four complete interiors with their stuff, and I have been quite happy with the results. Their softener seems to work well, and the finished product looks terrific. They even have a flexible "bondo" that is great for filling in small flaws. And they can color match any sample you send them. Anybody else out there used Color Plus? -Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts