Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sorting out some photo's on my digital camera and came across the last photo's I took of the 328 before it was sold.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Just sorting out some photo's on my digital camera and came across the last photo's I took of the 328 before it was sold.
Very nice photographs, it's ashame she had to go. Hope to see an F car in your stable soon.

Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Archie,

Nice pix. As others have said, hopefully you will have another F-car in your stable soon.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
275 Posts
On the positive side, you can start all over with searching, looking, inquiring, and of course a lot of test driving when time is there.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the positive side, you can start all over with searching, looking, inquiring, and of course a lot of test driving when time is there.
Absolutely, exactly what I'm thinking:)
As much as I loved the 328 and would highly recommend one to anyone thinking about a first Ferrari, I want something a bit newer next time, maybe a late 355 Spider, a 360, 512TR or a 550M. A lot depends on the market over the next 18-24 months, but I am looking forward to test driving all of the above.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Absolutely, exactly what I'm thinking:)
As much as I loved the 328 and would highly recommend one to anyone thinking about a first Ferrari, I want something a bit newer next time, maybe a late 355 Spider, a 360, 512TR or a 550M. A lot depends on the market over the next 18-24 months, but I am looking forward to test driving all of the above.
You deserve that the market develops in a way that you can have them all:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dear Comrade Archiegibbs,

Yes, this is certainly a quite magnificent example of the venerable Ferrari 328. And as others have intimated and indeed I understand that Shakespeare has said: "It is a far better thing to travel in expectation than to arrive." Accordingly, I am quite certain that you will enjoy many happy hours, days, weeks and months planning the procurement of whatever is to follow in the tyre-marks of the illustrious 328. A great adventure awaits!

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I understand that Shakespeare has said: "It is a far better thing to travel in expectation than to arrive."

Dear comrade Vulcan F-40,

Words of wisdom from the great bard. However, I have no intention of just travelling in expectation, I intend to reach the destination. It took me 30 years of dreaming to own my first Ferrari, the second needs to come much sooner.

I still have the proceeds of the 328 in my current account, and have just been carrying out my regular trawl of the major independents websites. I have noticed that Mike Wheeler at Rardley currently has some cheap 308's in, which has caused me to start the should I or shouldn't I debate with myself. At the moment I have decided, that I will wait and stick to my original plan of waiting until the impending economic downturn is over and pick up a 550 when the market bottoms out.

Best regards

·
Registered
265 Posts

Words of wisdom from the great bard. However, I have no intention of just travelling in expectation, I intend to reach the destination. It took me 30 years of dreaming to own my first Ferrari, the second needs to come much sooner.

I still have the proceeds of the 328 in my current account, and have just been carrying out my regular trawl of the major independents websites. I have noticed that Mike Wheeler at Rardley currently has some cheap 308's in, which has caused me to start the should I or shouldn't I debate with myself. At the moment I have decided, that I will wait and stick to my original plan of waiting until the impending economic downturn is over and pick up a 550 when the market bottoms out.

Best regards

You may have misconstrued my comment due to it not being conveyed sufficiently succinctly. I was merely thinking that your journey toward your ultimate destination would be hugely enjoyable and yes, I really do believe that the journey to wherever one wishes to get to in life is almost invariably the very best part.

All good wishes.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I did understand your message, I was trying to say that after tasting Ferrari ownership I want to try it again - and very soon.
I completely agree that the journey to my goal will be thoroughly enjoyable, I am looking forward to test driving a variety of 8 & 12 cylinder models. However, I will have to resist the temptation until I know I can afford to buy another Ferrari with cash in the bank that isn't required for other more urgent investments. Therefore, I probably won't test drive any prancing horses this year, as I know the moment I do, I will become hooked again and will end up blowing the money I've set aside for my investments.

BTW, if you could ever bring yourself to part with your wonderful 512TR, please consider me;)

Best regards
Archie

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes I did understand your message, I was trying to say that after tasting Ferrari ownership I want to try it again - and very soon.
I completely agree that the journey to my goal will be thoroughly enjoyable, I am looking forward to test driving a variety of 8 & 12 cylinder models. However, I will have to resist the temptation until I know I can afford to buy another Ferrari with cash in the bank that isn't required for other more urgent investments. Therefore, I probably won't test drive any prancing horses this year, as I know the moment I do, I will become hooked again and will end up blowing the money I've set aside for my investments.

BTW, if you could ever bring yourself to part with your wonderful 512TR, please consider me;)

Best regards
Archie

Indeed I shall. However, don't hold your breath though, as I've been possessed of it for so many years long standing that I cannot think that this illustrious behemothic thaumaturgical road burning extravaganza of prestidigitation will divest me from its possession. However, should you at anytime be within the vicinity of this messuage then of course the aforementioned would, I am sure, be only too delighted to demonstrate its mystic atributes. Once you experience it, nothing else will do!

All good wishes.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
However, don't hold your breath though, as I've been possessed of it for so many years long standing that I cannot think that this illustrious behemothic thaumaturgical road burning extravaganza of prestidigitation will divest me from its possession.
Vulcan
Dear Comrade Vulcan,

It is always such a pleasure to read your eloquently typed posts:)

Chris

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dear Comrade Vulcan,

It is always such a pleasure to read your eloquently typed posts:)

Chris
Dear Comrade Chrishawk,

Thankyou, it is very kind of you to make such a favourable comment with regard to my occasional vignette's. But, of course, it is the illustrious 'Boxer' who is the master and indeed I do so much enjoy his exciting adventures that are always so eloquently portrayed.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Indeed I shall. However, don't hold your breath though, as I've been possessed of it for so many years long standing that I cannot think that this illustrious behemothic thaumaturgical road burning extravaganza of prestidigitation will divest me from its possession. However, should you at anytime be within the vicinity of this messuage then of course the aforementioned would, I am sure, be only too delighted to demonstrate its mystic atributes. Once you experience it, nothing else will do!

All good wishes.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Dear Comrade Vulcan F-40,

If you are in attendance at either the Auto Italia event at Stanford Hall in Leicestershire or the FOC National Concours I would love to experience the mystical attributes of your marvelous machine.

BTW did you take the 512 TR to Stanford Hall or the FOC national near Warwick in 2006? The only reason I am asking is because several months ago comrade Boxer posted some pictures which contained your personalised registration (which I won't disclose). For some reason the number is familiar. I have always had a very strange gift of being able to remember car number plates:confused:

Kind regards
Archie

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dear Comrade Vulcan F-40,

If you are in attendance at either the Auto Italia event at Stanford Hall in Leicestershire or the FOC National Concours I would love to experience the mystical attributes of your marvelous machine.

BTW did you take the 512 TR to Stanford Hall or the FOC national near Warwick in 2006? The only reason I am asking is because several months ago comrade Boxer posted some pictures which contained your personalised registration (which I won't disclose). For some reason the number is familiar. I have always had a very strange gift of being able to remember car number plates:confused:

Kind regards
Archie

Yes, the TR was most definitely in attendance at the FOC Conkers. it is an event that I do very much look forward to attending each year. All this notwithstanding, I shall be delighted to demonstrate the mystic arts of the illustrious 512TR behemothic thaumaturgical road burning tarmac ripping blood -curdling dream machine at your convenience.

Beware, for you will be instantly smitten for they are indeed the most fabulous of machines and you will never be happy until one possesses you!

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yes, the TR was most definitely in attendance at the FOC Conkers. it is an event that I do very much look forward to attending each year. All this notwithstanding, I shall be delighted to demonstrate the mystic arts of the illustrious 512TR behemothic thaumaturgical road burning tarmac ripping blood -curdling dream machine at your convenience.

Beware, for you will be instantly smitten for they are indeed the most fabulous of machines and you will never be happy until one possesses you!

With kind regards,

Vulcan

I will very much look forward to experiencing your wonderful 512TR at this year's concours, assuming I am unable to obtain a corporate freebie to the British GP. Why on earth did the FOC plan the concours for the same day? I hope it gets rained off again this year;)

Kind regards
Archie

·
Registered
402 Posts
My condolence to your loss Archie, but like Vulcan had eloquently said, the joys of replacing your baby in the future shall be worth a story. I hope the market bottoms out soon so you can enjoy the ride of these wonderful machines.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My condolence to your loss Archie, but like Vulcan had eloquently said, the joys of replacing your baby in the future shall be worth a story. I hope the market bottoms out soon so you can enjoy the ride of these wonderful machines.
Thanks Pete, it is strange not having the 328 anymore, but to be honest coming on here and chatting to fellow enthusiasts is great therapy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks Pete, it is strange not having the 328 anymore, but to be honest coming on here and chatting to fellow enthusiasts is great therapy.

Essentially, this is an inference that you are vicariously enjoying your friends motor cars without any of the attendant worries and expenditure. Archie, this is called exploitation of your friends and accordingly is quite disgraceful. Indeed, we are all hopeful that you will be shamed into contributing to the running of our cars that you are now enjoying so much :)

With kind regards,

Vulcan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts