Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
1. just to make a statement against ferrari riders.

2. people who just want something more different and exclusief.

3. people who like funny colours.

4. People with a large budget and allready have got most ferrari's.

5. people who like agricultural machines.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
*Rides in on a Lambo Tractor*

When is the last time you saw a Ferrari plow a field?

Honestly though, I don't know. Ferraris have that mystique and soulful art about them, Lambos in their looks and performance to me just look like heartless machines. They are like pieces are art, but aren't fluid and moving like a Ferrari. As far as performance, sure, they can be great cars, but do you enjoy riding in/driving them as much as an F-car? The excuse for many Lambo owners is that everyone has a Ferrari, Lamborghinis are more exclusive and they want to stand out. It seems EVERYONE has this mindset, because anytime I go to Chicago, I see a ton of Lambos and hardly ever a Ferrari.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree. Lambro's have no soul...they are a cold-looking machine, devoid of any passion. They are efficient killing machines, but their lines have no warmth.

For me there's only Ferrari. Ferraris are sexy and sensious, and I have always seen a connection with them and a woman's body.

I'll take an old 308 over a Diablo any day.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Dmitri;70110 The excuse for many Lambo owners is that everyone has a Ferrari said:
How true is that? Whenever it's a nice sunny day and my son and I are out for a drive. We always say we'll play spot the Ferrari today. We hardly ever see any Ferrari's on the road, but most hot days we're guaranteed to see at least 2 new Lambo's - Exclusive, hmmm may be, but not as exclusive as Ferrari.

I like Lambo's and if I could afford a stable full of exotics I might be tempted by a Muira, or even a Gallardo. I've never liked the Countach, it looks like a Hummer crossed with a tank and a few wings added to make it look even more extreme. I prefer the curves of the Boxer over the straight lines and angles of the Countach.

It has to be Ferrari for me, which is why I am here and not on the Lambo forum.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What makes a person choose a Lambo over a Ferrari ?
To me Lambos are great looking cars, most of them anyway. But at the same kind of cost, why settle for less than the best?

Lamborghinis have no real racing heritage and older cars are just as expensive to maintain and repair as older Ferraris.

The Miura is awesome, but really dangerous to drive fast. The same can't be said of the Daytona.

Maybe it's something to do with the looks of the cars that motivates people...

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
It has to be Ferrari for me, which is why I am here and not on the Lambo forum.
You mean you do not frequent LamboLife.com!! ;) I agree with Archie, Ferrari for me.

I like the name and the way it rolls off the tongue...Lamborghini...yup, like that. The cars are OK, somewhat understated some might argue, I don't think they age as well as Ferraris. Some I quite like though.

What makes a person choose a Lambo over a Ferrari ?
I think probably for the same reason Ferruccio built them, to get one over on Enzo.

Lambos for poseurs, Ferraris for connoisseurs.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
1. just to make a statement against ferrari riders.

2. people who just want something more different and exclusief.

3. people who like funny colours.

4. People with a large budget and allready have got most ferrari's.

5. people who like agricultural machines.
You missed a couple, Rick:

6. just to make a statement against ferrari riders.

7. just to make a statement against ferrari riders.

6. just to make a statement against ferrari riders.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
To me Lambos are great looking cars, most of them anyway.
Maybe it's something to do with the looks of the cars that motivates people...
to be honest, looking at Ferrari's current production cars versus Lamborghini's current line up, I have to say that Lamborghini has the best looking ones

the Gallardo IMHO looks far better than the F430 (that I believe is the best car and is my favorite, but I'm talking about looks here)

the last super Ferrari was the Enzo, that IMHO didn't look good, while the Reventón, now THAT'S a great looking thing! Absolutely original, nothing looks like it, and WHAT A DESIGN!

about the "normal production" V12, the Murciélago LP640 IMHO also looks better than both the 612 and the 599

seriously, I've been disappointed with all of Ferrari designs since the F355, they do grow on you with time, but the 1st impression is a bit disappointing, while the latest Lambos all gave me that "WOW, what a supercar!" feeling (late Diablo, Gallardo, LP540, Murciélago, LP640, Reventón, they all did it)

so maybe that's a good reason... if you're not going to reach the limits of the car anyway, be it a Ferrari or a Lambo, why not have the best looking one then?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Also, I would like to add: Anytime I have met or talked with a Ferrari owner they have been very kind and friendly, people that really have a passion for their cars, but many Lambo owners seen stuck up and snobbish. Now I know this isn't always true and there are F-car and Lambo owners on both sides of the fence, but still...

·
Registered
532 Posts
You know after seeing all your guys responses im left breathless, i couldnt say it any better, ONE THING LAMBOS OWNERS CANT DO IS HAVE THE SAME CONVERSATION BUT VICE VERSA, seriously im so glad boxer started this thread. i love ferrari for every reason everyone just said. i just wanna say one thing, the reason i love ferrari and back ferrari all the way is because there the best, i dont think there the best because i own one(cuz i dont:( its because iv done my research over the years and it just so happens that ferrari is the best. say lambo had the racing pedigree, and the history, and the passion, and the style, and the sound, and the love for italian culture (cough cough lambo! cough German!), any way if lambo could say any of what i just did maybe i would like them, but they cant so therefore

Ferrari:thumbup:
Lamborghini:rofl: IS a JOke

·
Registered
532 Posts
btw stile alpine, go join a porsche or lambo forum if one exists, seriously havent you ever thought to yourself they all look the same. just like bmw's and mercedes, for example i have a couple who thought the gallardo the murciealago and the reventon were all the same exact car just different variations, do you catch my drift

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hold on

btw stile alpine, go join a porsche or lambo forum if one exists, seriously havent you ever thought to yourself they all look the same. just like bmw's and mercedes, for example i have a couple who thought the gallardo the murciealago and the reventon were all the same exact car just different variations, do you catch my drift
As you know I am a Ferrari guy all the way for engineering and racing heritage but Lambos new line up looks 1000 times better than the Ferrari line up.

Stile I agree with your opinion the F430 599 and now the new California look like a cross between American and Japanese design, the Murciealago and Gallardo are showstoppers.

Does not matter what Ferrari you drive (minus an Enzo F40 F50)you park beside a Diablo, Gallrado or Murciealago and peoples jaw drop

People love my car and always ask me about my performance and handling but they drool over the Lambos.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Personnaly, even if I'm a Ferrari owner, I love Lambo and I left on the side the puerile fight between owners, I just look at the car itself and when I look at a Miura, it's an incredible car even if I haven't get the chance to drive one yet. According to Franck Sinatra when he received his Miura S in 70: "If you want to be someone you buy a Ferrari - If you are someone you own a Lamborghini"...
Any comments ??

·
Registered
465 Posts
I agree with the "puerile" comment about Lamborghini vs. Ferrari; it reminds me of ******** taking sides over Chevy vs. Ford. :D

I like a lot of cars and don't see any reason to limit myself to one make, or pledge allegiance to a brand. Each great marque has its reasons for being great, and there is reason to appreciate each one.

With that said, there are two differences between Ferrari and Lamborghini that I see, and one must consider the cars as they are in the time period when they are/were bought new:

1) Style -- Lamborghinis (starting with the Miura, at least), have always been contemporary, leading edge high fashion; whereas Ferrari designs and styles tended to lean more toward timeless good taste. There are some exceptions to each, but a Miura was over the top for its day, the Countach was the most outrageous thing to ever hit the road, and the Diablo screamed "exotic" in the time of political correctness and 'anti-car' sentiment. The Urraco is so seventies penthouse, and the Jalpa, while not that well known, is soooo eighties it could perhaps be the quintessential 80s exotic. Most Ferraris from the same period have classic proportions, smooth and flowing lines, and fine touches. To call them conservative is incorrect; timeless is better, and their appeal is definitely more universal.

2) Racing Heritage vs. Road -- Ferrari guys always like to pull this card over Lamborghini, but being designed as a road car -- a great and fast one -- from the start was part of the whole point of a Lamborghini. There are two schools of thought here: 1) Racing improves the breed, and road cars derived from racing cars will perform better and things learned in racing can be applied to road cars to make them beter; and 2) Driving on the road is different from driving on a race track, and things that work in racing don't necessarily work or apply on the road; also other considerations take precedence on road cars that you don't learn in racing. Both are true, and both are valid.

In the 1960s, neither maker could do it all, and whereas a Ferrari could be called a race car for the road (or the closest thing one could get), a Lamborghini was made for the road; it has its own uniqueness for being a highest-level performance car designed for road use from the ground up.

I'm not sure whether I myself buy this argument, but it does make a point, and there is reason to go with either school of thought. Does that make a Lamborghini a poseur car? No more than does one driving a Ferrari who doesn't take it to the race track. One could even argue that the Ferrari on the street is the pretentious car, as the Lamborghini knows it is a road car and makes no pretentions about its purpose. With both Lamborghini and Ferrari, there are more poseurs than enthusiasts among owners. The easiest way to spot one is that they will have little or no appreciation for less expensive cars that are great driver's cars (and often better driver's cars than various Lamborghinis and Ferraris).

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with the "puerile" comment about Lamborghini vs. Ferrari; it reminds me of ******** taking sides over Chevy vs. Ford. :D

I like a lot of cars and don't see any reason to limit myself to one make, or pledge allegiance to a brand. Each great marque has its reasons for being great, and there is reason to appreciate each one.

With that said, there are two differences between Ferrari and Lamborghini that I see, and one must consider the cars as they are in the time period when they are/were bought new:

1) Style -- Lamborghinis (starting with the Miura, at least), have always been contemporary, leading edge high fashion; whereas Ferrari designs and styles tended to lean more toward timeless good taste. There are some exceptions to each, but a Miura was over the top for its day, the Countach was the most outrageous thing to ever hit the road, and the Diablo screamed "exotic" in the time of political correctness and 'anti-car' sentiment. The Urraco is so seventies penthouse, and the Jalpa, while not that well known, is soooo eighties it could perhaps be the quintessential 80s exotic. Most Ferraris from the same period have classic proportions, smooth and flowing lines, and fine touches. To call them conservative is incorrect; timeless is better, and their appeal is definitely more universal.

2) Racing Heritage vs. Road -- Ferrari guys always like to pull this card over Lamborghini, but being designed as a road car -- a great and fast one -- from the start was part of the whole point of a Lamborghini. There are two schools of thought here: 1) Racing improves the breed, and road cars derived from racing cars will perform better and things learned in racing can be applied to road cars to make them beter; and 2) Driving on the road is different from driving on a race track, and things that work in racing don't necessarily work or apply on the road; also other considerations take precedence on road cars that you don't learn in racing. Both are true, and both are valid.

In the 1960s, neither maker could do it all, and whereas a Ferrari could be called a race car for the road (or the closest thing one could get), a Lamborghini was made for the road; it has its own uniqueness for being a highest-level performance car designed for road use from the ground up.

I'm not sure whether I myself buy this argument, but it does make a point, and there is reason to go with either school of thought. Does that make a Lamborghini a poseur car? No more than does one driving a Ferrari who doesn't take it to the race track. One could even argue that the Ferrari on the street is the pretentious car, as the Lamborghini knows it is a road car and makes no pretentions about its purpose. With both Lamborghini and Ferrari, there are more poseurs than enthusiasts among owners. The easiest way to spot one is that they will have little or no appreciation for less expensive cars that are great driver's cars (and often better driver's cars than various Lamborghinis and Ferraris).
Very eloquently put. I fully agree.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Stile I agree with your opinion the F430 599 and now the new California look like a cross between American and Japanese design, the Murciealago and Gallardo are showstoppers.
Exactly what I think, they look kind of Japanese, don't they?

But like I said (and Tony made a GREAT point about it also), Ferrari designs seem to age better.

I wasn't a big fan of the 360 Modena when it was launched, now I think it is one of the best looking cars Ferrari made. The same goes for the 550 Maranello.

But after Tony's post, there is little to be said!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ferrari and Lamborghini is a complete different heritage.

Lamborghini started as the underdog, they were originally famous for fast, elegant GTs. I kind of like the story in which Lamborghini went to Ferrari to complain about the weak clutch of his 250 GT. Ferrari basically told him to f*** off, so Lamborghini went to first modify his own Ferrari until it went faster than the original ones and then went on to build his own dreamcar.

I guess you all know the story.

The extrovert styling of later cars was more or less by mistake, Lamborghini preferred understatement models, I think the Jarama S was his favorite.

The Miura was only meant to be a show car and was never seriously considered for production because it was very complicated to build.

On the show, it turned out that there was a large crowd of people that was willing to pay almost anything to get one, so they figured out a way to produce it.

They also had the Espada, which is a very exciting and still unique design and one of Lamborghinis most successful cars.

If you look at the early cars, I consider the early Lamborghini a lot more exciting than the early Ferrari.

·
Registered
532 Posts
As you know I am a Ferrari guy all the way for engineering and racing heritage but Lambos new line up looks 1000 times better than the Ferrari line up.

Does not matter what Ferrari you drive (minus an Enzo F40 F50)you park beside a Diablo, Gallrado or Murciealago and peoples jaw drop

People love my car and always ask me about my performance and handling but they drool over the Lambos.

si, i dont know, i cant agree with you on that. i just look at lambos and cant take them seriously, i think they should learn how to design a car without a ruler. they're all just to alike in my view, like i said before my friends all thought the line up for lambo was all the same car, and they arent really into cars, so there not taking sides. heres an example why i dislike lambos...... ok im in high school, just a few weeks ago i was in my computer tech class and i overheard some kid talking about lambo, i went over to see what he was talking about, and there he had a bright green murciealago on the screen, with its doors up, i didnt say anything at first, but then a couple min. later i went over to his computer again and there he had as his background some little piece of crap riced out honda civic hatchback, hes also into mustangs and chevy s10's, i remember i asked him one day why he like lambo's and he said "cuz there probably like fast"and "they also have some cool colors", its just hes so ignorant to car culture and cars in general( i mean come on a civic hatchback and a chevy S10) and hes sittin there lookin at lamborghini's all class period. its not even like thats the only time its happened, similar things have happened like that on other occasions, never have i seen a kid who either into ferrari or knows about ferrari do stuff like that, i dont know it just seems like everything about a lambo is fake, like the colors people buy them in (kinda ricerish if you ask me), the doors that open upward( i know the new gallardos dont, but thats just because audi made that desicion), in my opinion the ugly interior, with all the straight lines and little pt cruiser/audi r8 steering wheel, and i dont know the blocky front and back, of murciealago and gallardo, (the countach was seriously the ugliest car ever made, i laugh every time i see it), some belgian dude designed the murciealago, the body is made in germany then shipped to bolgna, italy to have every thing assembled, there was some kid in my 4th period last week who was sayin thats the total italian car to have, hes a kid whos into car like civics and integras, he thinks a shelby mustang is the coolest car out there, btw(he owns a 92 acura integra vtec), i dont know to each his own, i just deal with to many ignorant kids idolizing them, and that pretty much does it for me, plus the stuff i said up there.

no punn intended

1 - 20 of 57 Posts