Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Ryan, I am new to these forums. I hope all of you guys will welcome me with open arms unlike some of the jackasses on other forum websites I've tried.

By the way, I am obsessed with ferrari, which is exactly why I found myself here. I became a member hoping to continue this obsession and even further it.

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome, no worries, we try to be nice here!

Enjoy and stay a while!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Welcome Ryan, enjoy your stay.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Boxer said:
...We are the serious well behaved Ferrari site.
I am inclined to agree.

Other sites do tend to be more skeptical of unsubscribed; or even new subscribed users, but then again, many of these users come crashing in with fantastic and incredible tales of success at age 17, multiple exotics owned, and are seeking "advice" on choosing between versions of the latest supercars...etc...etc.:rolleyes:

Speaking in generalities: just be yourself, and genuine. No one cares if you do, or don't own anything. We all have in common the enthusiasm for Ferraris and fine cars.

Welcome:)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Still that is no reason to start being a jackass to new users in general. I know there are people who pretend to be somebody they are not, but there are also a lot of argues and fight between the normal users. Anyway, we intend to keep it nice :)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
jungathart said:
I am inclined to agree.

Other sites do tend to be more skeptical of unsubscribed; or even new subscribed users, but then again, many of these users come crashing in with fantastic and incredible tales of success at age 17, multiple exotics owned, and are seeking "advice" on choosing between versions of the latest supercars...etc...etc.:rolleyes:

Speaking in generalities: just be yourself, and genuine. No one cares if you do, or don't own anything. We all have in common the enthusiasm for Ferraris and fine cars.

Welcome:)
This is very well said. Owner or not it does not matter, just don't try to pretend to be something you are not (see Bart's Hollywood thread below).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome !

Very Welcome to this great Ferrari site.
Good to get a membership to start with, i also took the plunge.
Hey you got to start somewhere right ?
I'm saving up considerabe sums since years and plan to actually buy an 348 or even an 355 in 2007.
Everybody started with a dream, and if you hold on to that dream it will get real eventually.
It's not about ownership alone, it's who you are when owning.

What's it like to be a multi millionaire ?

"You only become more of what you already are" ( Jihm Rohn business philosopher )

Passionata ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Welcome aboard, the people here are nice and very easy going…

Im a little wild at times and have a slight temper so I have to be careful hahaha!!! But hey, we all get along very good here ! Im sure you will fit right in too. Age has nothing to do with it and dreams do come true if you set proper goals.

10 years ago if someone would ask me what I would have and plan to own in 10 year (today) I don’t think I would of given the same answer to what I have now and where im going. Getting older one year at a time does weird things to a person. For me it has been good and for some it gets worst…don’t be afraid to make your own path in the jungle of life instead of falling off a cliff by a wrong chosen path…

Pete once wrote an excellent tread about age…

Pete04222 said:
Today’s my birthday, I’m 41 years old. Here are some reflections.

When I was younger I heard that life begins at 40. I couldn’t imagine that. You’re old and out of touch. When I was a teen, my Dad was in his 40’s! Well now that I’m here, I’ve been 40 for a year and I must admit that being 40 is something to look forward to.

Here’s some thoughts, take them or leave them, or just write them off as the ramblings of an old (er) man.

When you are in your teens, no one takes you seriously, you don’t know anything, you don’t own anything and you have no idea what you are going to do with your life. You are more worried about what you are going to do this weekend.

When you are in your early 20’s, you have some education, hopefully, and you think you know everything but don’t have the wisdom to realize you still don’t know anything. You still don’t own anything and the older people still think of you as a kid and the kids think of you as old. But you do have an idea of what you are going to do with your life.

When you are 30 you are finally truly an adult, people take you seriously. Store clerks are calling you "Sir" and Relatives feel comfortable telling you dirty jokes. You finally own some stuff but you have acquired it by borrowing against your future income so you are working for the bills. You know some stuff and you first realize that you didn’t know anything when you were in your 20’s. But you do have some life experience under your belt; the, “been-there-done-that-won’t-do-it-again” type of stuff. You’re mid-career and starting to think seriously about retirement issues. If you’re going to career change you have to do it now, but you are going to compete against people in their early 20’s who still think $100 more a month is worth more than a pension plan.

Then 40 hits and now you are somebody. You have knowledge and experience and the wisdom to realize you still don’t have enough of either. You’ve been in your job long enough that you are considered an expert in your field and you are respected by people both younger and older than yourself. All of your bills are in order and you’ve got enough money that you can afford all the toys you wanted when you were in your teens. Wow! I guess my whole life has led up to this moment!

Now that I am in my 40’s, I’ve heard some of the older guys say that life begins at 60. Well I guess I’ll just have to see about that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts