Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the tire store to see my friend Marty who is the manager, turns out he left early. So the guys who work there are like, "So this is the Ferrari we've all heard about?" And we talk and drool over it for awhile and then I ended up giving them all a ride in it. Now I am usually a mild driver but occasionally I'll drive it in a spirited manner and when I've got a passenger who has never been in a Ferrari I might open it up a bit. So anyway, I'm taking these guys out for a ride, one at a time and blasting up and down the road. 4 times I make the trip. Then I say all my goodbyes and just go home. Well I get home and realize I still wanted to talk to Marty so I called down there to get his home phone number and the asst. manager, Matt, answers and I say, "This is Pete, the guy with the Ferrari." and he is like, "Are you ok?" I'm kind of stunned and I'm like, "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" He said, "Because the police showed up after you left and they were looking for the guy in the red Ferrari. We pointed in the opposite direction and said he went that way." So I was like, "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm home and the Ferrari is in the garage."

So I'll be taking it easy for awhile, here I am in my 40's and I've got the police out looking for me like I'm a teenager. Gee, brings back the old days.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
hehehehehehehehehe what a thing, Pete

well, look at the bright side: it's kind of cool to have the police looking after you, specially when you're know as "the guy in the Ferrari"

·
Registered
509 Posts
What idiot has nothing else better to do than call the police when (Im assuming) you were being responsible but still having fun. Stuff like that gets me.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Love it....

Pete, your such a hell raiser....

~

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nice, Pete:). I had just the opposite happen just a few days ago. I was coming home from our monthly Pantera meeting, in my 328, at 10pm. I'm cruising at 60mph or so on a dark stretch of road, when a kid in a Subaru WRX pulls up next to me and wants to race. When I didn't respond, he started screaming at me, honking his horn, and tried to run me off the road. I slowed down to 25, he slowed down and pulled in front of me. I couldn't shake him for several uncomfortable minutes. Finally, when we got close to a side street, I goosed the 328, let him blast by, and took a hard right turn. It also happens that there is a sheriff's office right near my house. I turned the bastard in - I got his license plate number! -Steve

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Nice, Pete:). I had just the opposite happen just a few days ago. I was coming home from our monthly Pantera meeting, in my 328, at 10pm. I'm cruising at 60mph or so on a dark stretch of road, when a kid in a Subaru WRX pulls up next to me and wants to race. When I didn't respond, he started screaming at me, honking his horn, and tried to run me off the road. I slowed down to 25, he slowed down and pulled in front of me. I couldn't shake him for several uncomfortable minutes. Finally, when we got close to a side street, I goosed the 328, let him blast by, and took a hard right turn. It also happens that there is a sheriff's office right near my house. I turned the bastard in - I got his license plate number! -Steve
Steve,

Awesome, I hope the guy in the WRX gets what is coming. I had a similar experience this weekend with a couple Pontiac GTOs trying to get my friend and I to race. We both would have ate them for lunch but knew better and just let them go by.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve,

Awesome, I hope the guy in the WRX gets what is coming. I had a similar experience this weekend with a couple Pontiac GTOs trying to get my friend and I to race. We both would have ate them for lunch but knew better and just let them go by.
I always let everyone who wants to race me just go by. You win Buddy. But I guess today I let the Ferrari out a bit too much. I was that guy who gives all other Ferrari drivers a bad name. I guess. I mean I was speeding but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Oh well, loud exhaust, high rpms, flashy red car, people automatically assume you are up to no good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pete,
I had a similar thing happen to me. I took the 308 for a drive to visit a friend. When I got there, a friend of his has arrived in his 355. After a bit of a chat and a look over both cars, my friend has asked the owner of the 355 to take me for a drive in the 355 and "show him how a modern ferrari performs". Well we went for a drive and he really opened it up (on a deserted stretch of road of course). We got back and we talked about how it performed (It went well), the owner of the 355 was very proud of himself. My friend said to the 355 owner, "Why don't you ask him what he (me) does for a living".
My reply, "Police officer"
The look on the face of the owner of the 355, Priceless!
We all had a good laugh!
Regards
Argento308

·
Registered
79 Posts
How much do police research into identifying exotic car brands, anyway? I can imagine them easily being able to identify any Ferrari, but a Veyron? How about a Koenigsegg or a Zonda?

Be on the lookout for a *tries to pronounce name* *car's already gone*

I really wonder what their policy is for cars like that.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Pete,
I had a similar thing happen to me. I took the 308 for a drive to visit a friend. When I got there, a friend of his has arrived in his 355. After a bit of a chat and a look over both cars, my friend has asked the owner of the 355 to take me for a drive in the 355 and "show him how a modern ferrari performs". Well we went for a drive and he really opened it up (on a deserted stretch of road of course). We got back and we talked about how it performed (It went well), the owner of the 355 was very proud of himself. My friend said to the 355 owner, "Why don't you ask him what he (me) does for a living".
We all had a good laugh!
Regards
Argento308
The most aggressively I have ever driven on public roads was when I had a police officer sitting in the passenger seat. :drive:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Pete,
I was beginning to think they weren't going to act on my tip off. I'd told them to look out for a crusty ole sea dog in a red 308, going by the name of Cap't Pete, and e-mailed them a photo of you;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Archie,
You are too much man!! LOL!! How did you get a copy of my driver's license photo?
When I was at the department of motor vehicles to get my license the woman, who was very nice, was like, "Sir, could you please remove the dagger from your mouth?" I was like, "GAARR!! Over me dead body!! When me corpse washes up on the shore you can try and peel it away!!! Just take your bleedin' photo!! GAARR!!"

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got back and we talked about how it performed (It went well), the owner of the 355 was very proud of himself. My friend said to the 355 owner, "Why don't you ask him what he (me) does for a living".
We all had a good laugh!
Regards
Argento308
That is awesome! Well, Mr. Officer, I promise I will slow it down (for awhile) :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Archie,
You are too much man!! LOL!! How did you get a copy of my driver's license photo?
When I was at the department of motor vehicles to get my license the woman, who was very nice, was like, "Sir, could you please remove the dagger from your mouth?" I was like, "GAARR!! Over me dead body!! When me corpse washes up on the shore you can try and peel it away!!! Just take your bleedin' photo!! GAARR!!"
Pete, I'm pleased my sense of humor doesn't offend you:)
You'll be happy to know that you won't have me taking the piss for the next two weeks as I'm on vacation from tonight.

BTW the way, I told the police, that if you see a Pirate driving a Red 308 like he stole it, he has and it's mine;) If you catch him make sure you get the rubber gloves on and do an internal, because he's stashed half a kilo of coke where the sun doesn't shine;)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
218 Posts
You have a lucky star Pete, I can feel it. I bet you had many occasions in your life when you just by passed the problem or the problem just evaded you.
Anyway that luck of yours is running out tonigh, as I am turning you in ;)

Boxer I had a similiar situation myself. But later I realised I put the the guy in difficult situation by doing so, not doing that again.

Argento's story is priceless really.

But the other examples led me to what I never really though about it seriously. Do I want Ferrari??? I dont want to be harrased by every third driver out there. There are a lot of maniacs like the WRX driver.
I would probably develope some complexes and fears.
I think I am just gonna go with the new Vectra:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know, I just realised that it could be the police showed up because the officer heard I was giving rides. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts