Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i just missed a 1981 gtsi ...45000 miles just compleated a full service including belts,new correct tires,new stainless exhaust with history since 1989.....$26,000. Ive seen 4 photos,looked verry clean..Was talking with the guy for a couple of days then someone bought it , Bast---..From the discription i gave what would have been your concerns. My next step was to have a ferrari tec give me a report on the car ..As always all advice given Im thankfull for Mick :eek:ha: :eek:ha:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:evil: :evil: :evil: To answer your questions...Magoo(YES)and to peter (area code 806) There is a fine line between a good 80-82 gtsi for $26,000 AND A MONEY PIT.. Im takeing the wifes landrover for a ride cause i am pissed off .talk to you over the weekend.P.S. anyone want to get together in indy for the f-1 race next month.. :eek:ha: :eek:ha: Would like to get a anwser to the question i asked regarding concerns thankyou...Mick..

·
Registered
457 Posts
Mick,

Your criteria are appropriate. A regularly driven and serviced car with records is desirable. Esthetics can always be improved if necessary. Ferraris always look good on pictures. You should travel to see and road test the car.

I spent a few months doing that. Ultimately, you'll find one that's right.

Barry

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
308gtsi/mondial cabriolet hunt

:lol: :lol: Hi Dane,thankyou for your input..I do belive that the car i was interested in was from the gentleman that you recomended,,thankyou,Mick :question: :question what ferrari do you drive.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Mick,

I bought my 77 308GTB from Peter Sweeney. I love it. It's in the garage section if you'd like to take a look. Don't worry, there are other nice 308s out there.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mick, don't get discouraged. I spent four years looking for a sports car, any sports car. I looked at British cars, Porsches and Italian cars. I "stumbled" into my GT4. She was a little tired and needed TLC, but I was able to put in the blood/sweat/tears to make it shine...

Keep looking dude, you'll find the right one. :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Geee; That what I paided for my 77 GTB when I bought it new. On the other hand when I found a 78 512 BB in a barn in Scotville , VA that was a total basket case, 16 baskets of parts!! And I paided 53K for all of it "oha"
But after 6 years of work (total giving up 3 time, 2 trips to Italy to find information & parts, on-inter-net) I completed it in 97 and what a machine, It can make you smile or scar the living s#@* out of you.
There are a lot of cars out there, you need to keep looking and don't give up.

BOB

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:eek: :eek: :cry: :eek: Hi guys,thankyou for all your encourgement and i am still looking ..Defently a mondial cabriolet,red/cream.100%

·
Registered
454 Posts
Mick,

Interesting choice and good luck. Your patience and persistence will pay-off.; better to have exactly what you want later. As Dirk stated, keep us informed. By the way, have you seen the movie, "Scent of a Woman" with Al Pacino? There's a great part of the movie where Al takes a Mondial for a very spirited drive. It's good stuff.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
533 Posts
"Scent of a woman" is one of my favorite movies...Mainly because of the mondial/ferrari dealership scene and also Pacino dancing tango with Gabrielle Anwar. :wink:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Tifoso_Boy said:
"Scent of a woman" is one of my favorite movies...Mainly because of the mondial/ferrari dealership scene and also Pacino dancing tango with Gabrielle Anwar. :wink:
But is it the movie i'm talking about???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts