Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some great news today, I just got my corporate hospitality invite to the British GP on July 6th from my very good friends at the wonderful, excellent and superbly fantistic people at Scottish Provident Insurance:) There are still some perks to working in the mortgage and insurance industry, I was begining to think that the credit crunch had dried up all of the freebie corporate invites for events this year. The down side is that I'll have to talk shop all day to people I don't know, whilst pretending I'm interested. I think I'll be able to put up with it.
So who do I cheer for:confused: Lewis or Kimi - or even Jensen?

My compromise:
1. Lewis
2. Kimi
3. Massa

That way I get to see a Brit win the British GP and it helps Lewis's bid for the title, but Ferrari still get more points than the cheats in the constructors championship.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
that's great news, archie!

about your list, I'd put Massa ahead - but that's just me, you know? hehehehe

take some pictures and share with us, if you can!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The down side is that I'll have to talk shop all day to people I don't know, whilst pretending I'm interested. I think I'll be able to put up with it.
You can pretend you're deaf from the noise of the cars... I've used that excuse with good result many a time

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a very good idea:)
I went last year, and it was very noisy. You don't get any idea of just how noisy and high pitched the engines are when you watch it on TV. ear plugs are essential.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who's Lewis? :)

Ferrari all the way.
In my house, all we ever hear about is Lewis Hamilton, my son is totally obsessed by him. He is convinced that Ron Dennis will spot him racing around our local go-kart circuit when he's old enough to go there.
Yet, he's a complete Ferrari freak, he's got over 100 die cast model Ferrari's that he plays with every day, all he ever talks about is Ferrari, yet he still wants Hamilton and McLaren to win the championship this year:confused:
It's great that he's patriotic, and so am I to an extent, I would like to see Hamilton win the drivers cahmpionship, but I still want Ferrari to take the constructors.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That is neat Archie. My 15 year old daughter loves going into school after an F1 weekend if Ferrari have won. One of the lads is a big McLaren fan.

I only started watching F1 after some friends of ours bought me a Ferrari F1 book for my first birthday following the purchase of the Mondial, I did not even intend to read it but did. I then watched the 2005 season and it could only be for Ferrari....

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
We are the tifosi!

Nailed my colours to the mast - it has to be Ferrari all the way!! My personal opinion, no matter who drives - the team comes first! :)

In the words of my good friend Luigi (echoed I might add, by my nephew and niece), 'We follow only the Ferraris!!'

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be there with my extra large Ferrari flag deliberately obscuring the vision of my McLaren supporting colleagues:D

As a side note, I was tidying out my garage yesterday, and came across my son's old stroller that we used to push him around in when he was about one year old. It's a Maclaren:eek: and I now drive a Merc:eek: The Ferrari has been sold:( I hope that I'm not turning into a closet McLaren fan

·
Registered
532 Posts
thats a bummer about you selling the ferrari, i thought you were gunna buy another one, i guess your merc is alright to have to drive as a daily car but dont make that your only car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I will be there with my extra large Ferrari flag deliberately obscuring the vision of my McLaren supporting colleagues:D

As a side note, I was tidying out my garage yesterday, and came across my son's old stroller that we used to push him around in when he was about one year old. It's a Maclaren:eek: and I now drive a Merc:eek: The Ferrari has been sold:( I hope that I'm not turning into a closet McLaren fan

Be careful Archie that you don´t become a McLaren man!:D

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like Hamilton, and would like him to win the drivers title, but I still want Ferrari to win the constructors. There's a difference between liking the driver and the team. That's my excuse;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
lol thats a lame excuse, i cant relate to anything your saying at all, i want ferrari to win everything! lol i guess everybodys different,

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ferrari, don't care who the British drive for unless it is Ferrari. Constructors and World Driver Champion has to be a Ferrari/Ferrari driver.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ferrari, don't care who the British drive for unless it is Ferrari. Constructors and World Driver Champion has to be a Ferrari/Ferrari driver.
If Lewis doesn't win, I'll have to deal with my heartbroken son again. He cried at the end of last season when Lewis messed up. I've told him that when you are English you have to get used to your sporting hero's almost making it:
World Cup 1990 England V Germany
Euro 96 England V germany
World Cup 1998 England V Argentina
World Cup 2002 England V Brasil

I just hope that Man Utd stuff Chelski in Moscow

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
If Lewis doesn't win, I'll have to deal with my heartbroken son again. He cried at the end of last season when Lewis messed up. I've told him that when you are English you have to get used to your sporting hero's almost making it:
World Cup 1990 England V Germany
Euro 96 England V germany
World Cup 1998 England V Argentina
World Cup 2002 England V Brasil

I just hope that Man Utd stuff Chelski in Moscow
LOL

or you can tell him to cheer for non-British stuff, like Ferrari and the Brazilian soccer team ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts