Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$329,000 before tax.

Got a few questions for the pro's.

Should I put a clear bra on the front for road chips?

I already scraped under the front bumper, but I guess this will happen eventually and can be touched up before sellling?

Any good tips I should know? Anything custom I HAVE to have? :)

How often should I drive this puppy, I put 600 miles on it in about 150 miles on it so far in town and around 300 miles when I drove it back from LA.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Congratulations. I have heard nothing but great things about the 430.

Regarding your questions:

- clear bra is a personal decision. I am not a fan. Road chips are part of Ferrari ownership. When they get bad, you have the front end resprayed

- front end scrapping, also a fun part of ownign a Ferrari. It happens to all of us and I would not worry about it.

In terms of driving the car. Daily is best, weekly is a minimum, and if longer than weekly, keep the car on a battery conditioner.

Enjoy.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
f430ace said:

How often should I drive this puppy, I put 600 miles on it in about 150 miles on it so far in town and around 300 miles when I drove it back from LA.
Congrats on the new Spider and welcome to Ferrari Forum.

Upgrading the exhaust seems pretty standard these days for the newer Ferraris. You can actually improve on the already awesome Ferrari sound.

I would aim to put around 5,000 - 7,000 miles a year. If you go nuts and rack up 15,000/year you'll lower the resale value. If you don't care about resale value, drive it all you want and enjoy![/code]

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
f430ace said:
$329,000 before tax.

Should I put a clear bra on the front for road chips?

I already scraped under the front bumper, but I guess this will happen eventually and can be touched up before sellling?

Thanks!

My Uncle just bought one, he loves it, he installed a quarter inch plate on the bottom of his front spoiler and had the holes counter sunk, im not sure if thats how you say it but anyways, the screws do not show. He has scraped it a few times so he had it done. I also know that they sell them, a link found on this site.

After market exhaust is very good and adds performance but will be loud. If you dont like it loud or have pain in the ass neighbors its something to consider.

If you have the money to buy one, you have the money to have it maintained, so make Enzo proud and drive your car and make yourself happy.

Congratulations on your F430 :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Thats what my uncle installed, looks like that !

·
Registered
1 Posts
GET THE CLEAR BRA

Get the 3M clear bra, there are many companies that sell and install it. I've seen cars that have scraped curbs and not penetrate the clear bra, just redo the clear bra for that section and you're good.
For resale, many people are crazy about rock chips...even 2-3 pinsize rock chips can turn off a really picky buyer. Plus personally it bothers me...you want your car as perfect as possible.
Plus you'll pick up chips not only on the hood but the fenders, the rear quarter scoup, and all along the sideskirts.
Also you won't have to freak out when trucks or SUVs are getting too close in front of you, just drive normally like your daily driver.
Yes you can repray but anything other than the front bumper will reduce your value. Plus sometimes the respray doesn't match exactly especially when using metallic paints...in different lights the shade can be different.
Spend the $400-600 on it and you will have peace of mind and get more than that out of it when you sell it because it will be a flawless car cosmetically.

·
Registered
8 Posts
skid plates

where do you get these skid plates.....i have a 360 and would love to get these for the car???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats . I just love my car also . Everyone that has heard the aftermarket exhausts tells me to leave the 430 stock exhaust alone .I chose to not install the 3m clear vinyl . I may do it this summer though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone know what oil level should be

after i drive my f430 for about half an hour the oil level goes down to 3 does anyone know if thats normal, and if it needs oil what type should i put in it

my first ferrari, dont want to blow up the engine already

1 - 15 of 15 Posts