Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a Ferrari drive and ride. There were 25 Ferraris. Five 550 Maranellos were there as were two Testarossas, a 275 GTB, a Daytona, 2 Dinos, a few older 3x8, and some 360s and 430s.

The drivers of the 12 cylinders were all older farts like me while the 360 and 430 drivers were young bucks. Maybe as one gets older, one sees why 12 is better than 8. Just wondering.

:)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Another possibility

It could also be that much of the V12s mentioned are more high end Fs' (price wise), thus more formidable to be acquired by the baby boomers. Jimmy

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Hey!!!!!!!

I've got both, albeit the T isn't 'newer', and I'm OLD: yikes....now I'm not looking fwd to that b'day this month......

guess I'll use the 8 cylinder and feel younger.

but, to answer your question, most of the 12s don't seem quite 'sporty' enough or Ferrari concepted enough for the 'young bucks' to be readily identified...but true love of the 12s is not to be diminished....the bucko's will find that out soon enough. I mean, they would scream for an Enzo or F50 if given the chance.

Flash baby....and chicks: me I'm married......again [Ferraris still less expensive than an ex]

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
The drivers of the 12 cylinders were all older farts like me while the 360 and 430 drivers were young bucks. Maybe as one gets older, one sees why 12 is better than 8. Just wondering.

:)
As you get older your hearing goes, and you can no longer hear 8 cylinders, therefore 12 are needed. Maybe a hearing aid would be cheaper;)

At nearly 40, I'm not a young gun, but I can still hear OK...pardon !!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
As you get older your hearing goes, and you can no longer hear 8 cylinders, therefore 12 are needed. Maybe a hearing aid would be cheaper;)

At nearly 40, I'm not a young gun, but I can still hear OK...pardon !!!!
Fellas, i don't think hearing is a problem i would be concerned about when you age...

its the only muscle in our lower extremeties that really count :D , if that goes everything else does not matter anymore, mwahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Please don't equate my Ferrari with "that Muscle". I'm so tired of hearing that question "what are you compensating for, tehehe" or "Mid Life crisis ehh" or for feeling guilty because I own one. I bought my Ferrari because I love the cars and have for as long as I can remember. I saw my first 348 in july of 1992 and decided then to dedicate my life to owning one. It sucks that I happen to be middle aged when I finally get around to realizing that dream. Not because I'm to old to enjoy it, but because it provides fuel to people that don't understand. I'm considering heavy tint on windows to prevent jerks from seeing me in my driver's seat. Screw'em all and get their Friggen mini vans outta my way.

Ohh....sorry about the rant...not you guys. Just had to get it off my chest. It's us against them, We win. God drives an Enzo:cool: . Funny...no one mentions his "muscle".

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Interstate highways/trucks/stone chips

Please don't equate my Ferrari with "that Muscle". I'm so tired of hearing that question "what are you compensating for, tehehe" or "Mid Life crisis ehh" or for feeling guilty because I own one. I bought my Ferrari because I love the cars and have for as long as I can remember. I saw my first 348 in july of 1992 and decided then to dedicate my life to owning one. It sucks that I happen to be middle aged when I finally get around to realizing that dream. Not because I'm to old to enjoy it, but because it provides fuel to people that don't understand. I'm considering heavy tint on windows to prevent jerks from seeing me in my driver's seat. Screw'em all and get their Friggen mini vans outta my way.

Ohh....sorry about the rant...not you guys. Just had to get it off my chest. It's us against them, We win. God drives an Enzo:cool: . Funny...no one mentions his "muscle".
Good for you. Worse than minivans are the trucks on interstates and subsequent flying stone chips, but I have fond memories of the New England states. Jimmy

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Fellas, i don't think hearing is a problem i would be concerned about when you age...

its the only muscle in our lower extremeties that really count :D , if that goes everything else does not matter anymore, mwahahahahaha
wife says the stick works. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts