Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Actually, I think it is awesome. I can already see the value of my car increasing. Imagine if you had a Mickey Mouse doll before they opened DisneyWorld? How much would that thing be worth today? With a Ferrari theme park opening you better bet the price of these cars will go up. If you don't have a Ferrari now you better go buy one. If this theme park does get built how much do you think an F40 or F50 will be worth? I don't think the brand will suffer at all from this project.

BTW - for all others, the link takes you to page 2 of the article.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Personally I think the idea is a bit daft. Perhaps if they opened one in Italy near the factory first I would be a bit more positive. I just don't see how it adds to the brand value.
I agree, I think it takes away from the brand. The idea is Ferrari is 'exclusive' now you can be a part of the brand by visiting a theme park.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I haven't visited the link to read the story...but my mind has runeth away....Imagine the coooooool rides...boys laughing, mothers crying, girls trying to calm down mom, fathers with windblown hair smiling ear to ear, cotton candy hanging off one side of the paper cone like it was put there at 200 mph, long lines at the coaster (gotta change cam belts after 5 cycles).

Yep...I'm there

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I agree, I think it takes away from the brand. The idea is Ferrari is 'exclusive' now you can be a part of the brand by visiting a theme park.
Well I disagree and I think it will be great for the brand. People who love Ferraris but don't want to spend over $100k on a car can be a part of the Ferrari lifestyle and enjoy some of the Ferrari experience. Ferrari isn't going to produce more cars because of this theme park, they will continue to concentrate on the racing, probably even harder, and the Ferrari will still be an exclusive brand. The prices will go up.

Andrew, you are the last person who I thought would be against this.
Is this website bad for the brand? Anyone in the world can pay $20 and become an elite member of the Ferrari Life community with access to stuff you can't get anywhere else. You are part of the brand just by typing www.ferrarilife.com into your computer. This website, and its members, help share the Ferrari experience and the Ferrari lifestyle. I bet your just mad because you didn't think of the theme park first. That theme park will increase traffic to this website and we will have more elite members to tell us how much fun they had at the park and that they want to pay Capt. Pete whatever he wants for his 308. I'm thinking 6 figures now. :) :)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I haven't visited the link to read the story...but my mind has runeth away....Imagine the coooooool rides...boys laughing, mothers crying, girls trying to calm down mom, fathers with windblown hair smiling ear to ear, cotton candy hanging off one side of the paper cone like it was put there at 200 mph, long lines at the coaster (gotta change cam belts after 5 cycles).

Yep...I'm there
I agree with you, I'll stand in line to go on the Michael Schumacher Formula One ride. :)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Well I disagree and I think it will be great for the brand. People who love Ferraris but don't want to spend over $100k on a car can be a part of the Ferrari lifestyle and enjoy some of the Ferrari experience.
But you can already do this. Take your car down to the local Ferrari dealer and pay $300 for a simple oil change. There you have it, part of the Ferrari ownership experience!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I agree with the majority, i think the idea is very downmarket and tacky:(
The Ferrari shop in Milan sells barbie dolls dressed in ferrari regalia, how sad is that?
I'm sorry but I don't want to associated with a fake plastic doll, it just cheapens the image of ferrari and the reasons why i wanted a ferrari since i was a kid

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't want to be part of an overactive marketing machine.
Takes away where the brand is all about.......making beautiful fast cars to fund winning races..
I really like to see Ferrari compete in 24 of Le Mans and blast those annoying diesels back to germany/france for 5 years in a row. Now that's a theme park!:)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
The Ferrari shop in Milan sells barbie dolls dressed in ferrari regalia, how sad is that?
I'm sorry but I don't want to associated with a fake plastic doll, it just cheapens the image of ferrari and the reasons why i wanted a ferrari since i was a kid
Actually, I've got a Barbie Ferrari that I bought off EBay for my niece to play with. She loves it because it looks just like Uncle Pete's car. Except it is white and a 328, I haven't had the heart to tell her she's wrong. Maybe next year when she turns 6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts