Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kimi Wins Brazilian Grand Prix and the Drivers Championship as Ferrari coasts to a nother constructor's championship.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Great job for both drivers.....

Happy Ferrari won it all.....it was an amazing race, Kubica also did very well. Funny how things turn out in just one race...I also tip my hat to Felipe Massa...I wished Massa would have been the one winning the championship because he has put more into Ferrari than any other driver besides Michael...

Also glad I won my bet....

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I'm very happy for Kimi, he has been the best driver for the last 10 races or so, and on balance he deserved to win.
I feel sorry for Lewis, leading the Championship for so long, and throwing it away in the last 2 races, but he'll have his moment of glory in future seasons.
I'm just pleased Alonso didn't win.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
From Yahoo sports pages

BMW investigation to gift Hamilton title?
Sun 21 Oct, 10:16 PM
Lewis Hamilton could still become the 2007 Formula 1 Drivers' title after it was revealed that BMW are reportedly being investigated for fuel irregularities at the end of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Although no word has been given by the governing body, BBC News claimed in their 10 'o' Clock bulletin that the FIA are investigating both BMWs, which finished fifth and sixth, for irregularities with their fuel.

Should both drivers be penalised in any way, plus Nico Rosberg who is also thought to be under investigation, Hamilton would be classified in fourth place and would therefore be crowned the champion.

However, until an official word is made, Kimi Raikkonen and Ferrari remain this year's champion

·
Registered
250 Posts
KIMI!
Fabulous effort, just brilliant!
Great season for Ferrari!
I just knew Ferrari would come out to win the driver's/constructors titles:D
:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like we just wait and see how the BMW fuel issue comes out. It doesn't seem right that Kimi could have the title taken away because someone else cheated. I hope the governing body sees that the fuel thing did not effect the outcome of the race and leaves the points stand. They should issue a healthy fine though.

Tom

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Here is the latest from the F1 official site:

The BMW Sauber and Williams teams have escaped penalty after being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over fuel irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race.

Under Formula One racing’s technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after lengthy deliberations stewards chose not to impose sanctions.

However, McLaren are expected to appeal the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would move up to from seventh to fourth, giving him enough points to beat Kimi Raikkonen to the title.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I guess I was the only one cheering for Hamilton. Seriously to see a rookie win it would have been awesome. I like to see new records set and old records broken.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Andrew I would have been quite happy to see Lewis Hamilton win too, both Kimi and Lewis deserved to be Champ, Alonso didn't because he behaved like a spoilt brat.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I guess I was the only one cheering for Hamilton. Seriously to see a rookie win it would have been awesome. I like to see new records set and old records broken.
Andrew, from all people in this forum YOU are saying that???????????

I can't believe it!!

I want to see Ferrari breaking all the records, not McLaren or his driver

FORZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Andrew,

To be honest, I was happy that someone new was getting up there fast, he’s a good driver but he doesn’t know everything and instead of using Alonso (2 time World Champion) as a resource, he decided to create a rival with him. Alonso being cocky in the first place didn’t help much neither. Their fighting on the track created this; you could see on Alonso’s face that he was happy Hamilton didn’t win. It was the first time I saw Alonso smile and not win.

This is team work and everyone should be proud of Massa…Here is a quote from the F1 website News…

“Felipe Massa, having started from pole and led much of the race, dutifully did the right thing by not trying to make a race of it as his team mate needed the 10 points for victory. Some days it’s tough being a hero, but Massa carried it off with dignity in front of his adoring countrymen.”

Now that is world class people…right there….

~

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Mario, I agree, felt the same thing when I read that on the F1 website

he did carry it off with dignity (what I think Barrichello was never able to do while driving with Schumacher), that's why I really like Felipe

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
It was Hamilton's to win and he lost it badly. China was silly and the way he drove in Brazil was just plain stupid. It showed a complete lack of strategy and maturity. After being beaten in the first corner (brilliant driving by Massa to help Kimi gain position), all he had to do was hold back, take a safe position in the middle of the pack, and finish a place or two behind Alonso. Had Hamilton done that, he would now be the champion.

Kimi won more races this year than any other driver and was consistently the best driver on the track race after race. Therefore he is well deserving of winning the championship.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
It was the first time I saw Alonso smile and not win.
~
How true!

I also agree that Alonso was unsporting during the whole year and Hamilton lost his head. If he had just focused on finishing 4th or 5th in China and Brazil, he would've been comfortably there. But we'll see great things from him in years to come, no doubt about it. In the end, it was the best driver of the second half of the season that won, and the margin was as close as it should be. It was truly a grand season.

I wonder how quick the McLaren will be next year - that Ferrari was untouchable yesterday!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts