Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my name is joey mauro, i'm 100% italian, sorry for my english.
I live in italy, the country that made ferrari, lamborghini,maserati,pagani, etc etc !
i not have a ferrari, but a stingray vette, in future sure i buy 328 or GTS i
I see this forum and make me strange sensations !!
i search for many times a ITALIAN forum of ferrari owners or users with tips or question, but NOT FIND!!! in web italian language ferrari forum are very small forum with children that see ferrari only in pictures!

italy made ferraris, italy is full of ferrari ! but nobody ferrarist owner write in forums !! every keep SEcrets !!

i search ferrari parts on internet, and find 1000000000 american websites full of catalogs with ferrari parts.
I search italian catalog or italian shop , and NOT FIND!!!!! secrets !!

ITALY STRANGE COUNTRY!!!!

joey mauro

ps if you need help in italy write me
j

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Joey,

I'm sorry but I speak very little Italian. Welcome to the forum, I'm sure there will be someone on her who can communicate with you in your mother tongue.
I hope you achieve your dream of owning a Ferrari very soon.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hi Joey,

Welcome to the Forum….

I too am 100% Italian but do not speak it because I was taught French and English here in Canada. I can understand most of it because it is close to French but that’s as close as it gets.

Your English is very good and we can understand what you’re saying.

Glad to have you here.

Mario

~

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
By the way Archie,

I have a very good friend who lives in Wirral, she was a work friend who came to Canada for a few months to work with our team and had brought her husband and son over. They are really nice people, she found it hard to drive on the other side of the road and LHD was sometimes confusing. She always opened the right side door, every time, noticed there was no steering wheel, laugh at herself, put her bag on the seat then walk around to the other side. Also, she was amazed at the size of our vehicles here.

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
By the way Archie,

I have a very good friend who lives in Wirral, she was a work friend who came to Canada for a few months to work with our team and had brought her husband and son over. They are really nice people, she found it hard to drive on the other side of the road and LHD was sometimes confusing. She always opened the right side door, every time, noticed there was no steering wheel, laugh at herself, put her bag on the seat then walk around to the other side. Also, she was amazed at the size of our vehicles here.

~
Mario, I understand how they felt. I spend a lot of time driving in mainland Europe, and the first few times I hired a car I got in the wrong side of the car and thought that someone had stolen the steering wheel.
It's even worse when you get a taxi and try and get into drivers side thinking it is the passengers side, the taxi drivers always give you a strange look.
The other common problem is trying to change gear and reaching for the door release catch instead because we are used to using our left hand for gear changes, it's quite scary when you're doing 70 MPH on a freeway:eek:
We Brits are very stuck in our ways and don't like changes, it would probably make more sense to drive LHD cars, but driving on the right is a tradition that goes back to medievil times when jousting Knights held their poles or swords in their right hand and rode on the left side.
I think that the Irish, Aussies, South Africans, Japanese, Indians and West Indians still drive on the left too, but can't think of anyone else who does.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think that the Irish, Aussies, South Africans, Japanese, Indians and West Indians still drive on the left too, but can't think of anyone else who does.
Barring the Japanese I cant help but notice the strong British influence in those countries through history. ;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I live in italy, the country that made ferrari, lamborghini,maserati,pagani, etc etc !
i search for many times a ITALIAN forum of ferrari owners or users with tips or question, but NOT FIND!!! in web italian language ferrari forum are very small forum with children that see ferrari only in pictures!

italy made ferraris, italy is full of ferrari ! but nobody ferrarist owner write in forums !! every keep SEcrets !!

i search ferrari parts on internet, and find 1000000000 american websites full of catalogs with ferrari parts.

joey mauro

j
Joey,

Welcome to the Forum. Everyone here tries to help as much as possible so don't worry about your English. Consider this a place to learn, not apologize.

You have a Sting Ray?! What are the chances ... In America 90% of people would kill to have a Classic Corvette, while 10% appreciate Ferrari. Obviously in Italy it would be quite the opposite!

Welcome to the Forum.

FJ

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Barring the Japanese I cant help but notice the strong British influence in those countries through history. ;)
That's right, the former Colonial masters imposed their authority.
Either that, or they were big trading partners with the UK in the past and we needed somewhere to offload the poorly built cars made by British Leyland in the 60 & 70's.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Buon Pomeriggio Joey Mauro,

The Internet has a lot of English, sorry your Italian friends do not have a website for Ferrari owners. Owning a Stingray vette in Italy is very exotic and a very nice choice for an American car. The 328 is a nice, almost vintage Ferrari am will be nice to drive through Modena, Maranello, Torrino, Milano, and of course Florence.

Thank you for the favor of help. Enjoy visiting italy every year (Milano and Lake Como area, was married at Lake Como by the way).

Arrivederci, chow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot to all.
I have a stingray yes, one of the 50 or 60 stingray in all my country (italy) !!
very expensive car for me, an 5700 engine and i must customizze to increase horse power.
I love ferrari, i'm friend of a lot of ferrarist, in these days this friend sale her 330 gt 2+2 , one care of italian singer and sure used and tested personally by ENZO !!
now this friend buy a jaguar e-type roadster 1962, but soon buy a classic ferrari (he owned over 40 ferrari, and legend like Miura,Bizzarrini,etc)

If see a ferrari in usa very difficoult , in italy very very easy, when i burn the streets with my stingray make heartbreak in a lot of people,ferrari more common
But i love ferrari and with time i want buy a little classic ferrari like 208 (maybe not turbo) or 308/328 or mondial, but keep a Corvette + ferrari it's a mad mad idea and unfortunately i have a normal job and not am a rich :(
sure NEVER buy ferrari after enzo death (FUCK MONTEZEMOLO, we italian hate montez...)

Please keep in mind that if a member of this forum need HELP in italian, Travel , Burocratic, tour, or PARTS or another help please WRITE ME or
[email protected]
please leave nospam

J

·
Registered
63 Posts
Joey,

When I lived in Europe in 1969-1971 I would have killed to have a Corvette over there. I rode my motorcycle all over Italy and loved every minute of it.

I was out driving my wife's 1981 Corvette this afternoon. This was it's first time out this spring. There is a club for just the 1981 Corvette if you are interested. It's the L81 Registry.

I hope you get your Ferrari and I hope that I get mine too.

Tom Bryant

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Mario, We Brits are very stuck in our ways and don't like changes, it would probably make more sense to drive LHD cars, but driving on the right is a tradition that goes back to medievil times when jousting Knights held their poles or swords in their right hand and rode on the left side.
It is amazing what you learn here. I did not realize this was the root of RHD.

Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, and Hong Kong are all RHD as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts

joey mauro

j
here you can found italian people who speak italian !!!! ;)
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95571&page=89

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Jephma, thanks for the map, very interesting.

Being a brit I'm an outsider here, and not wanting to upset my US or European cousins, I won't make any comments about the map also largely following lines of civilisation;)

But seriously, driving on the left seems far more logical for the reasons I posted earlier. I'm sure the European Knights of old would have also fought right handed, and hence rode on the left, so who and when decided that the majority of the world would drive on the right in LHD cars?

And did they phase it in over a period of time, ie, bikes and motorcycles first, cars next and lorries, trucks and buses last of all?;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts