Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During a recent tour of the Ferraari Factory, Italian president Carlo Azeglio Ciampi unexpectedly asked for some hot laps around the Fiorano test track. Luca Di Montezemolo readily agreed, first showing Ciampi the fast way around the track in a 574M Marenello then, after a brief explanation of the F1 gearbox, handing over the keys and riding shotgun while Ciampi drove a lap.
"If he had gone round for a couple more laps, he would have almost matched the performance of our drivers!" joked Montezemolo. Ciampi noted, "I'm used to the manual gear change of a normal car. This is something else. Even the steering is really extraordinary, as is the ease with which one drives the car."

Even the Italian president gives Ferrari thumbs up. :eek:ha:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
finally something fun for the italian president

i would love to do that also getting the keys of a 575MM and then go for it on Fiorano

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who wouldn't. Thats why the 575M is my favorate car and always will be. Did you know Michael Schumacher owns one?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Dj Dirk said:

i would love to do that also getting the keys of a 575MM and then go for it on Fiorano
Dirk I did exactly that for 2 days in June 2002. Drove both the manual and the F1 575M. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i heard he was going to get in an Enzo.

Schumacher said,"I believe they are all spoken for....Seriously, the Enzo is a great car, a proper street-legal racer, a truly stimulating drive. In more ways than one, theEnzo is my baby and my pet project. Aftr all, I was deeply involvedin its gestation from the very biginning."

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Stradale said:
Dj Dirk said:

Dirk I did exactly that for 2 days in June 2002. Drove both the manual and the F1 575M. :)
:eek:

give me a call next time especially if you can get me to go along, i'm nuts enough to JUMP in my car and drive to Italy

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Enzo_Ferrari said:
Well i heard he was going to get in an Enzo.

Schumacher said,"I believe they are all spoken for....Seriously, the Enzo is a great car, a proper street-legal racer, a truly stimulating drive. In more ways than one, theEnzo is my baby and my pet project. Aftr all, I was deeply involvedin its gestation from the very biginning."
schumi has one, rubens has one, todt has one, willy webber has one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts