Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just had an amazing nice way to watch the GP!!!!!!! Not only the result helped, but I sat down in the showroom of the Dutch Ferrari importer. On top of that, next to the large screen there was a REAL 250 GTO parked on the showroom floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, that is a nice site instead of the commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW :eek:
How on earth did you pull that one off
I most say very cool 8)
and from who was the GTO and wich one was it :question:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was an event organized by the Dutch Ferrari Club and the GTO is the one Kroymans also drives in the Ferrari-Maserati Historic CHallenge.

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I jus looked up wich one you mean.
He was at Spa but i don't have a decent digital pic of his car.
and he is mentioned in the attedance list of Dijon, but i don't have a pic of him, so he didn't show up, cuz i have a pic of EVERY historic car present at Dijon.
And he was also on the Ring, and i have a pic of him there at full speed

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the one! At Spa he hit a TR and had some minor front damage but it has been repared. Today it was in exactly the same livery as at the Ring. As always, a Ferrari in real, or 'in the metal' is better looking than on pictures! I have that with F40, F50, Testarossas and also GTOs! The Enzo seems to be better looking in real live than on the pictures. I have not seen one yet, so I will have to wait if it is true.

Niels

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just an interesting tidbit: Kroymans' GTO (s/n 4757 GT) was, at one time, confiscated and owned by the FBI. They auctioned the car off in 1987 to Jacques Swaters. It was Swaters third time owning this car, the first time being in 1964! Swaters then sold it to Kroymans two years later.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Now i know why she wasn't on Dijon.
And Niels on what day did you go to the Ring, cuz the Enzo was there on sunday.
well Schumacher drove her out of the closed pitboxes, did 3 laps and went straight back into the pitbox and closed it straight off.
Doesn't matter, i hope that i can take some good shots in Paris.

lwausbrooks.
You know of Swaters??
you are pretty good informed then

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Was there on Saturday. Every Ferrari enthousiast knows Swaters, right?

He was the first concessionaire outside Italy and his Ecurie Francorchamps is/was really famous!

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
well apparently not all Ferrari geeks know him
and yes he is the first concessionaire and still is => Garage Franchorchamps in Zavemtem Belgium

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally had my pics developped so here it is. Just sat a few metres away of it during the whole GP!

Niels

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The clearing part is my fault. Used a 400 Iso film and scanned it at 400 dpi. To keep the file small I saved it at 25% ratio and I think I did something wit the settings of the contrast for another scan. I can make a better one if you want to and will post it later tonight.

Niels

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
250lm said:
The clearing part is my fault. Used a 400 Iso film and scanned it at 400 dpi. To keep the file small I saved it at 25% ratio and I think I did something wit the settings of the contrast for another scan. I can make a better one if you want to and will post it later tonight.

Niels
You really only need to scan it at 75 dpi. You won't lose quality, monitors can only project 72-75 dpi. If you are blowing the picture up to be larger then you would use a larger dpi

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Adrew,

Thanks, now you see why am not in the IT business :)

Dirk,

I am not into the digital stuff (yet?) I still like to have the paper prints which are easier to look at than to start your computer again and again to watch pictures.

Here is a smaller pic at you request

Niels

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And one slightly different and on standard scan (75dpi) for monitors: I am a quick learner :lol: :lol:

Niels

Attachments

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Niels
That reflection is AWESOME
tell me that you have more

and i meand you can develop your pics on paper, and have them put on cd aswell, sometimes they are clearer then
Het Kruidvat offers that

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dirk,

I won't do much with a CD and I am not to happy with the quality of 'het Kruidvat' and other (very) cheap developers. Tried them all, but they are not spectacular of course. Real professionals are very expensive and therefor I am happy with the one I use now that has an intermediate price and in general a reasonable quality. Since I took the pictures without a flashlight I have not that many good pictures. Some of the cars other side are a bit darkish but off course I had some made many of them.

Niels

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts