Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, my wife and I drove the beast. We were shopping for a condominium for my son. Since he is away half the time, his parents were trying to narrow the field for a condominium. Of course, he must buy it by himself. Daddy will give him some advice but not help financially. He is going for a starter home.

The real estate agents could not figure what was going on if they saw the thing. I did meet some nice guys standing around outside on a beautiful day. Naturally, I explained the benefits of the 550.

Boy, the agents pounced on my wife. Little did they know what type of buyer she is. I feel sorry for those real estate agents. They think she just fell off the turnip trunk.

By the way, the car is filthy. Those that saw it, whether driving by it or when it was parked, saw it as the true Ferrari, which it is, a front engine V-12.

It was a magnificence day in south Orange County.

No, it is a very rotten day. My niece’s third son has the big C for the second time. His is but 17. This makes me think how small I am and my problems are minor. The Maranello is but a material toy.

I pray he lives more than a few years.

:(

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Sorry to hear about your niece's boy. Hope he does OK.

You are probably not helping out your son by going Condo shopping for him driving a Ferrari. The builder of my new house didn't know I had a Ferrari until after we had agreed on the price of the house. I'd just show up in my old pick-up truck and complain about how I'm really stretching my finances and just can't go any higher. Showing up in a Ferrari might have increased the price of the house by $12k.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is just the start. In my opinion, the time to buy will be around late summer. When in is the time, I will bring the heavy weight out. She will make the agent thankful. The agent will learn what haggling is all about. My son will buy it on his own with a little help from me and a negotiator as in his mother.

I pray Chase may have many winters.

:)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Sorry to hear about your niece's boy. Hope he does OK.

You are probably not helping out your son by going Condo shopping for him driving a Ferrari. The builder of my new house didn't know I had a Ferrari until after we had agreed on the price of the house. I'd just show up in my old pick-up truck and complain about how I'm really stretching my finances and just can't go any higher. Showing up in a Ferrari might have increased the price of the house by $12k.
have to agree with you Pete, I have learned to keep very quiet about my Ferrari, people jump to all sorts of conclusions and usually they are wrong, and I'm sure they think it's a licence to rip you off.

Unfortunately my 4 yr old hasn't learned the ways of the world yet, and tells everyone 'my dad's got a ferrari', it can be quite embarrasing when you have never met the person before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts