Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in confusion here.
I am told by some that a one-off Ferrari Testarossa was commissioned by Enzo to appeared in the 1987 Paris Auto show by the Germany company GEMBALLA who tunes Porsche. Does anyone know if this is true or not.

It's VIN NUMBER is, or so I am told is : ZFFAA 17B 0000 69087

Does such a car exist?
OR
Is this just a HOAX???

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I've never heard of a Gemballa Ferrari, but I'll try to find out about it

Boxer, about the Mythos, it's not really a "one of", there were 3 of them (if I'm not wrong), and even a Mythos coupé was built

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.
And, I have sent an information request to Gemballa in Germany about this auto but to date they have not responded to my December 18th request.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The Body Style I see (from the limited view presented), looks a lot like the body style of the F512M in the Photo submitted by ENZO250GTO from the Japan get-together in your Photo-&-Video section.

I am wondering if ??? Oh-! let's not go there yet. Lets see what the factory says first.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, That is what they say....in the add.
But to quote NO-DOUBT who states in another forum

(by NO-DOUBT)
However, if this will be your first Ferrari, be advised that more than half of the Ferraris **for sale** at any given moment will have title issues (e.g. duplicate titles, no title in the case of 355 Challenges, accident or rollback history) or not have valid state license tags (inevitably sticking you with someone else's unpaid tax bills from the years when they didn't register the car).

And if that is the case what about a little ENZO SAY's? its....

How do you prove it? (Not to step out of line here, but do you ask the fox who is guarding the hen house?)
It was not listed in MarketLetter or other Ferrari classifieds and to date I have not been able to have it validated.

ANY IDEAS???

Just my two cents

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
MARLIN,
Thanks.... Good Pict's....

What show was that from?
It' would not be from 1987 in PARIS...(from the Jersey ID plate..)
Or did I miss something???

:confused:

Also it looks like other cars are sporting jersey plates (see top left car in pict.).

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stile... Did you find out anything on it?....

OH-! I love the garage photo you have.... LMAO

"Must have been one hell of a party-!" "What did you put in those drinks?"
"Can I have the recipe?"
:p :p :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Gemballa

What show was that from?
Don't know where these were taken - just the result of a bit of "googling".

Anyone making wild claims about Ferraris nowadays is only going to fool a mug, I certainly wouldn't spend the money (if I could afford it) without checking first. (I wouldn't spend the money on the Gemballa'd one anyway). Someone who was at the 1987 Paris Autoshow might remember it and Ferrari themselves might have some record of it !! :) :)

The Gemballa website shows a picture of a 355.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote by BOXER:
[I have sent an email to the factory, lets see what they come back with.]

I guess Boxer will know soon enough... I will wait for his reply.

OH-! BY THE WAY BOXER-!... you got me feeling or showing envy of you and your achievements and advantages and I am fiercely protective or vigilant of your rights and/or possessions.... namely your F-40...

Michael Sheehan had one I was looking at.... That was until I got married and we used that fund to buy a home.... I am not sad mind you but feeling or showing envy anyway... FYI

It sure would have looked nice in my paddock....:rolleyes: Oh..yes...-!
I hear a home equity loan is a good way to go...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To BOXER

QUOTE by BOXER:
[Mike Sheehan is the most knowledgable Ferrari expert I have had the pleasure of corresponding with. Definitely the guy to go back to when the time comes to get your F40 (which is a purchase I can highly recommend)]

Michael Sheehan is one of the most sterling men I have had the pleasure to corespond with also. I think if memory serves me right.. when it comes to a F40 in this case.. I do not think anyone else has sold more of them the he. Why, I still have the bio on the F-40 from mike I wanted... And I've been trying to get him to participate in a project being concieved here. But he is a busy man. Maybe someday...

Boxer, If I might ask... what part of Europe are you in?

And thank you for your soon-to-be reply from the factory.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts